Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 5 / Infinity 2

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

First let me apologize to those that replied to my posting about a month ago due to family bereavement they went unanswered, sorry.

I have HH5 with Infinity 2. When a landline call is made or received the router drops out then resets. On the outside of the house is a box with two cables exiting. One goes inside the house by the front door and has two phones on this circuit. The other cable goes upstairs to my Router with no phone attached. However if I detach the phones from the downstairs circuit and put one on the Router circuit the Router behaves itself. Am I right in assuming the problem is from the outside box back to the exchange. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 5 / Infinity 2

Go to solution
have you filter connected to each device
Ben2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi john46,

No to filters as I understood they were no longer required with Infinity also this is something that has started recently and not since I aquired HH5.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

you are star wired and will need to use filters on downstairs connection.  star wiring will not help your broadband connection as it will cause interference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Ben2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks imjolly, I have plenty of filters will stick a couple on and see what happens. The trouble with official instructions is they don't cater for particular needs. Will come back if fault persists.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
unless you have a filtered faceplate then you still need filters on all sockets
0 Ratings
Ben2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks john46 will give this a test run and come back with the outcome.

0 Ratings