Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcalualy
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 5 PS4 USB media server

Hello,

With the release of the PS4 Media Player I'm wanting to view photos etc on my network. 

I have connected an 8GB usb stick (FAT32) to the back of the home hub 5 which I can see on my Macbook and I can upload and view files on my computer but when I open the Media Player on the PS4 it can't see a media server. How can I set this up?

I know I can plug the usb drive directly into the PS4 but that requires me to continually unplug it, put it in my macbook, add and remove files and plug it back in. It would be nice to leave it continually plugged into the back of my hub. If I get this working properly I would be happy to connect a larger hard drive.

Can I set the usb up to be a media server?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Havnor
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 PS4 USB media server

Hi - did you ever fix this? I've just received the HH5 and am having the same problem with the PS4 not recognising the USB drive. No probs with the PS4, an Asus RT-N66 and the same USB drive.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 PS4 USB media server

The PS4 communicates with a DNLA/uPNP server to display pictures, videos and steam music. The homehub is not a DNLA/uPNP server it just allows the mapping of a network drive via SMB. If you want to view the information on your PS4 you either need to setup a DNLA server on your PC the functionality is built in just google it or get a full NAS server.

0 Ratings