cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laebrye
Beginner
Message 61 of 102

Re: Home Hub 5 VPN issues after firmware upgrade

I'm also having problems with VPN. Posted my first note about it on the hub 5 update forum last week. I contacted someone on the service line who did their best to help but couldn't get anywhere. Pointed me toward the technical line who I called and were even less helpful.

Called back to raise a complaint. Was told a manager would call me the following day and have not been contacted since. Terrible service - I'm surprised they can operate in such a way without incurring the wrath of the regulator!
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 62 of 102

why is this new firmware not showing up on bt site for latest firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 ?http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073/~/how-can-i-check-the-firmware-version-on-my-bt...

0 Ratings
mark_j
Beginner
Message 63 of 102

I also had a problem recently with CheckPoint client on my homehub5 after v. .204 update.. 😞

I think, these couple of things might help to solve the issue, at lease temporary:

1. Enable Visitor Mode in CheckPoint VPN client settings: on Remote Access page UNcheck everything except "Support Visitor Mode".

2. Before that try to disable UPNP in homehub configuration (Advanced Settings -> Firewall -> UPnP)

Sorry atm don't have an opportunity to check that, but it might help someone.

p.s. Sometimes BT is just crossing the line...

0 Ratings
MarcJ
Beginner
Message 64 of 102

Well I've sent the mods a message as requested yesterday, no reply as of yet.

I'm finding a growing number of users within our company have been affected and the trend is they all have BT Infinity rather than standard broadband, with HH5's and this .204 firmware version recent update.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 102

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone

0 Ratings
esaxby
Beginner
Message 66 of 102

Same problem here, VPN stopped working after the latest firmware update.  Had exactly the same problem last year with my HH3, solution then was to get a free upgrade to HH5 - but as far as I am aware there is not a HH6.

Rang support, eventually got through to someone in the UK who said they could put me through to technical support but it would be chargeable.

It is a shame I have to leave BT as I like Infinity and BT WIFI hotspot access, but this (lack of) customer support is appalling, so tomorrow I will be going elsewhere.

Good luck to the rest of you with this probelm, you will need it!!!

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 67 of 102

Hi esaxby, 

I am really sorry, this is still being investigated. 

Can you send me over your details include your hub serial number and we will pass these details onto the hub team. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile. 

Thanks

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Bazep
Beginner
Message 68 of 102

Are BT actively fixing this issue or are they just logging it and doing nothing about it?

Shocking customer service.
0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 69 of 102

Having spent some time on a conference call with the BT Home Hub team last Friday, they have identified a fix for this.

My HH5 is working again after a setting was changed remotely, but it needs to be wrapped up into another firmware upgrade for everyone else as it isn't something you can configre via the web interface. No ETA yet though.

knightb
Beginner
Message 70 of 102

I have the same problem as esaxby. Gave up with HH3 & installed HH5 last week.
Everything great for 3 days until Thursday 5th Feb, now I can't hold a VPN session for more that a few mins 😞
What's the fastest way of getting this fixed via BT .. ?

Failing a quick solution, can anyone recommend a NON BT Router that works with VPN on BT Infinity ?

0 Ratings