Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esaxby
Beginner
Message 71 of 102

Re: Home Hub 5 VPN issues after firmware upgrade

Hi

My employer got involved and managed to get attention higher up within BT - they managed to talk to someone who did not insist on charging to fix the issue. 

I have had an email stating that there will be a new (working) version of the firmware rolled out in the "next 48 hours".

I assume this will be a selective rollout as I was asked for my phone number etc. - so the question is, how do you get on the list to ensure you get the fix as well?

Ian

0 Ratings
Ragbuster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 102

If this fixes the wifi drops recently as well I want to be on this list also.

0 Ratings
knightb
Beginner
Message 73 of 102

Exactly my question .. how do you get on the list ?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 74 of 102

Hi everyone,

The Hub team have pushed out updated firmware to anyone that has sent me over their details, can you check if this has resolved the issue? Once again I am sorry about the inconvenience caused and if anyone is still having problems with this issue post back here to let me know.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
liamh
Contributor
Message 75 of 102

@NeilO wrote:

Hi everyone,

The Hub team have pushed out updated firmware to anyone that has sent me over their details, can you check if this has resolved the issue? Once again I am sorry about the inconvenience caused and if anyone is still having problems with this issue post back here to let me know.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

My HH5 isn't connected at the moment, I had to swap it for a Billion router I had to buy. I did have a fix applied while on a call to BT, but I'd like to get the firmware update in case there are other changes.

Is the firmware pulled down by my HH5 or pushed out by your support team? The former would let me get it quicker.

How do I send you my details to confirm I'm on "the list", I can't see a way to email you in your profile (yes, I'm logged in).

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 76 of 102

the mods link is only visible if you have been invited to contact them
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 77 of 102

Hi liamh,

I'm not sure if the workaround for this issue is pulled down by the Hub or pushed out by the Hub team so I've asked them to clarify and will post as soon as I have an answer. Your Hub details were passed on to the Hub team after our previous contact so there's no need to email me again.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
esaxby
Beginner
Message 78 of 102

Mine is working now, but I am slightly confused by the update.  If I login to the HH5 it still tells me this:

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 | Last updated 23/01/15

So i assume the version has not changed, and the date of update has not been updated either.

What really worries me is what happens when we get the next official firmware update - will it stop working again?

Can someone confirm?

0 Ratings
hulltimatematt
Beginner
Message 79 of 102

Hi,

Any way I can get onto this list?  I've been forced to connect to my VPN via my phone for the since 11/01...

Thanks

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 80 of 102

Hi Hulltimatematt,

Can you send me over your details include your hub serial number and we will pass these details onto the hub team. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PAddyB

0 Ratings