cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaltJabsco
Contributor
Message 31 of 39

Re: Home Hub 5 and Apple Airport Extreme/Time Capsule

I've actually now managed to get it connected.

I have an ethernet cable from my Home Hub 5 to my Time Capsule (the circle port).

I then reset the Time Capsule to factory settings, and then set up the network once the wifi icon on my iPhone recognised the Time Capsule. It didn't work via the Mac initially but once I'd set up the new network via the iPhone, I could then see the new network on my Mac too, and have connected.

So (I think) I have a new wifi network running off the Time Capsule that is serving my Mac, iPhone and iPad etc.

I will test it for 24 hours and see if it's better than my Home Hub 5. For the moment, I've also disconnected all my BT wifi extenders.

Anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Ratings
WaltJabsco
Contributor
Message 32 of 39

I can still see and use the BT Home Hub 5 wifi network - do I need to turn that off?

Also, how do I manage the new network settings (e.g. dual band, auto, name, etc)? Is it in the BT account or via Apple Airport Utility?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 39

Up to you. You can either leave it on or turn it off depending if it is of use to you. The devices will need to be configured independently, the HH via the hub manager and the AE via the Airport utility.

0 Ratings
WaltJabsco
Contributor
Message 34 of 39

I've had a stable wifi connection for 48 hours.

I now want to see what happens if I turn off the Home Hub wifi signal  - how do I turn it off?

0 Ratings
WaltJabsco
Contributor
Message 35 of 39

Wifi is still stable. Can somebody please explain how I turn off the BT wifi signal? Thanks.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 39

I haven't got a HH to hand to give you exact instructions, but it will be somewhere in the advanced settings of the hub manager. Enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar of your browser.

0 Ratings
WaltJabsco
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

I pressed disconnect Internet but it disconnected the Time Capsule too

Can anybody else what I need to do to turn off the HH wifi?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 39

You don't need to disconnect the Internet. The wifi settings are in the advanced section of the Hub manager.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 39

Enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar of your browser. This will open the Hub Manager. Click on Advanced settings, enter the password that is on the small plastic card at the back of the hub. Click on the 'Wireless' tab. Select wireless network enable 'No', click apply.

0 Ratings