Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broad_freeze
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Home Hub 5 and BT Infinity 2 extremely frequent disconnects

Hello,

So recently (and not so recently) I have been having some unfathomable frustration at the disconnections that happen usually 3 or 4 times a day, but on one day it disconnected 17 times (yes, I counted) and today for the first time ever having a bt screen saying my dns server is wrong or something, along with a few disconnects to complete the package. I had been assured that the problem had something to do with my area but clearly it isn't. Fine, I understand that sometimes the weather can have adverse effects on the connectivity, however todays disconnects had started when it was sunny and dry, and then starting to break down as the rain and thunder began to set in. Does anyone have any solutions or advice that could help me. I'm now quite scared to log onto any online games and the like, and bt support doesn't really do much to try as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
PaddyB
Message 2 of 2

Re: Home Hub 5 and BT Infinity 2 extremely frequent disconnects

Hi @Broad_freeze,

Nothing worse than an un stable connection!

When your connection drops do the lights on the Hub change? Are the drop outs happening regardless of whether you are connected wired or over wireless?

As you are using the Home Hub 5, please can you go into the Hub manager and post the router stats. They can be found by going to troubleshooting and then helpdesk, post back the information from 1 - 12?

This will help to give an indication of how your connection is preforming. 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings