cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 5 and BT Mini Wi-Fi Hotspot 500

I have BT Infinity 2, a Home Hub 5 and a BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Kit. Nearly all the time this works perfectly. However, just occasionally the Hotspot kit fails to deliver internet access for a short time before re-connecting. At the time it disconnects, all three green lights on the Hotspot remain green and the HomeHub is itself still connected to the internet.

Looking at the Home Hub's event log there seem to be a number of examples of the following entry

(145803.600000) Device disconnected: Hostname: BT-​Mini-​WiFi-​Home-​Hotspot-​cdd IP: 192.168.1.72 MAC: 00:07:26:ad:7c:de

Why would the device disconnect and is there a way of preventing it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

BT Home Hub 5 and BT Mini WiFi Hotspot

I previously posted this in the "Connected Devices" forum, but got no replies, so perhaps fewer people read that.

I have BT Infinity 2, a Home Hub 5 and a BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot Kit. Nearly all the time this works perfectly. However, just occasionally the Hotspot kit fails to deliver internet access for a short time before re-connecting. At the time it disconnects, all three green lights on the Hotspot remain green and the HomeHub is itself still connected to the internet.

Looking at the Home Hub's event log there seem to be a number of examples of the following entry

(145803.600000) Device disconnected: Hostname: BT-​Mini-​WiFi-​Home-​Hotspot-​cdd IP: 192.168.1.72 MAC: 00:07:26:ad:7c:de

Why would the device disconnect and is there a way of preventing it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub 5 and BT Mini WiFi Hotspot

This is only a customer to customer help forum, and you only posted yesterday. It could take a while for someone to answer, so there is no need to repost.

This is the correct board.

You could try increasing the DHCP lease time on the home hub.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub 5 and BT Mini WiFi Hotspot

This doesn't help you much but I get the exact same problem. It will happen a few times a day and take a minute or two to resolve itself. Happens on both wifi and wired connection, but if i switch to the main home hub wifi the internet works fine.

I'm looking to change these powerline adapters but am unsure what to do. Is this a particular fault with these BT devices (others on amazon mention the same fault, though the reviews are mostly very positive)? Or is it some quirk with my home electrics, as I live in an older house? I'll try a brand like Netgear next and report back.

0 Ratings