cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 5 - can connect to hub control panel via Ethernet, but no Internet connection - wifi all OK

SO, like it says in the title:

My Home Hub 5 is connected to the internet, and all my wi-fi devices can access the internet without any issues.

My PC, however, is connected to the Hub via ethernet. I can access the Home Hub control panel using my PC, but the Networking icon shows that I do not have an Internet connection on my PC.

So obviously the wired connection to the Hub is fine, but for some reason the Hub isn't forwarding the internet connection to my desktop PC. I've disabled my firewall. I've restarted both the Hub and the PC. I've sacrificed my first born. But none of these have worked, unfortunately.

Any help would be great!

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 - can connect to hub control panel via Ethernet, but no Internet connection - wifi al

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button at the rear with a paperclip for about 20 seconds until the lights flash?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 - can connect to hub control panel via Ethernet, but no Internet connection - wifi al

Hi licquorice,

Not yet, but I'll try it when I get home from work. Thanks for the tip!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It seems to cure a multitude of ills with the Hub, so worth a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I'm taking delivery of the Smart Hub in 2 days, so it's not a HUGE deal if it doesn't work, but I never like to beaten by a tech problem.

🙂
0 Ratings