cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjf1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: Home Hub 5 line drop / rebooting

Four reboots today and speed down to 23MB. I had thought there was a pattern of line dropping at breakfast and evenings but alas no, had one at 2am and again at 4:30pm. So times of day seem completely random. BT reporting my phone line fault "solved" as there is no problem found. Broadband fault still open and awaiting further instrctions from the Technical Management Centre.

0 Ratings
sjf1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 32

No contact from BT but I now have 3 logged faults showing under my account, one for the phone line and two for broadband. All 3 are now marked resolved! It seems if you stay quiet for more than 24 hours BT assume the problem has gone away. 

0 Ratings
picktech
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

hi sjf1, post something on here and ask the mods for help, they usually pick it up and help, they will live you instructions how to contact them by a link on there profile, then you go in to a list and they see to you in turn, hope this helps,

regards picktech

0 Ratings
sjf1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Thanks picktech. Yes I would be most grateful for any help from the moderators as I am unsure on the best strategy from here. I have had no reply from BT to my last two emails. Not sure whether to persist with them towards getting an engineer to visit (was quoted £130 when I suggested it), or buy a 3rd party router, or start looking for sources of RF interference. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 32

Try checking for rein interference with portable radio tuned to 612 MW and listen for the interference noise. Check router power supply as I had problems with one of mine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
picktech
Contributor
Message 26 of 32

hi emjolly, can some contact the mods for him please, as he needs help just like i got which i have to say was first class,

kind regards 

picktech

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 27 of 32

Hi sjf1,

Thanks for posting. It looks like we’ll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you please send over your details? You’ll get the contact us link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sjf1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 32

Hi David,

Can you let me know which details you need. I've already posted my BT line speed estimate and home hub status. I don't see any "contact us" link when I click on your profile. Not sure if you need to be online for me to see it?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 32

i will ask the mods to repost their link again it will be tommorow now
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 30 of 32

Hi Sjf1,

If you click on my username, you should see the "Contact The Mods" link under the "About Me" section. You will need to be logged into the forum to be able to see that link.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings