cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harvey_twyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 5 needs resetting before a PC can link to it via Ethernet

Wireless to 'phones don't seem to crash at all.

However when I first turn my Ethernet connected PCs the next day, they can't communicate with the hub, not even directly via www.bthomehub.home

I also have the same trouble with my wireless connected laptop.

I have to turn off HH5 and on again. The reset button on top of it doesn't always seem to reset.

I'm only on my 4th. day of having HH5. Will this issue resolve after the first 10 days?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 needs resetting before a PC can link to it via Ethernet

When you say your wireless phones don't seem to crash do you mean that your mobile phone keeps the connection and can use the Internet even when your PC and laptop can not or have you not tried that and only see that the signal bars on the phone are still showing a connection?

On the PC and Laptop what is showing in the Network & Sharing Centre when you check there? Are there any red crosses, what happens when you click on them?

Does this only happen when you first turn on the PC and Laptop or does it happen if you leave them for a few hours do they drop the connection?

Have you tried a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
harvey_twyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 needs resetting before a PC can link to it via Ethernet

Check that you don't have an IP Address conflict between your devices.
0 Ratings