JohnAP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Home Hub 5

I see BT have made some details public about the next Home Hub 5. Specs look good with integrated VDSL modem, 802.11ac and 4 gigabit ethernet ports. It doesn't seem too far away either. Article link.

9 REPLIES 9
db218
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Home Hub 5

Looks physically identical to a HH4 except the labelling of the 4 GigE ports and the blue band on the front, and it also still has an ADSL port so its not Infinity only and would allow you to step down from infinity.

Looks like what the HH4 should have been. 😉

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 3 of 10

it most likely has a vdsl2/adsl2+ modem in it and will be useable on both types on connection, the infinity modem we have atm can be used on adsl as well as vdsl if you have an unlocked one

0 Ratings
peterbrazier86
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I know that not everyone is a fan but I would rather have the Modem in a seperate box on the wall and use one of those Airport Extreme's from Apple

0 Ratings
infinidim
Expert
Message 5 of 10

The Home HUb 5 looks to be a good way forward for BT. Using the same packaging as the HH4 also keeps teh cost down dramatically.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
johnomk
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Unfortunately I signed up for the Home Hub 5 trial. Told it would be delivered on Friday 8 September my son stayed in all day, it didn't actually arrive until Saturday lunchtime. Set the hub up and it worked for two days then it stopped working on teh internet. 

Now received a bill for £49 from BT for cancelling my contract for home hub 3 and after an hour trying to speak to someone I have been told that I have to decide which hub to return and then they will cancel the £49 charge on my account.

If my experience is being repeated with other people on the trial  not sure they will get very far with testing

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

why did you cancel your contract you had no need to send your hub 3 back a trial item is totally separate to anything on your contract and is used for the trial period only any problems you deal directly with the trial team
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

I would contact the trial centre and get them to sort this out for you after all you are testing the new hh5. Discussing the new hh5 is probably contrary to the NDA you signed/agreed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
oldtech59
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I asked to be added to the trials system but I dont think I will bother if this is the kerfuffle we are going to get
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

BTshould be giving you £49 for testing their equipment for them. This is another cheap way for them to their equipment to market!

0 Ratings