cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 6 and BT Home Hotspot 600 Kit

Hi!  

I've had a look through the forums and can't find an answer to my query so I'm posting my first thread.

We have a new Home Hub 6 which we have extended through the house using two BT Home Hotspot 600 and I've cloned the Home Hub 6 so the network name / password is the same throughout.

My question is does the kit replicate the network or offer new ones? There now appears to be 3 networks (the router, and the two additional hotposts, all with the same name).  This wouldn't be a problem but its proving difficult as I use some network based devices such as Sonos and a WD MyCloud.  These devices need you to be on the same network for what I want to do, but it appears there are three networks dotted around the house with the controllers getting confused and telling me I can't operate my speakers as my controller is on a different network.

I hope I've explained that clearly enough.  Happy to provide further clarity!  

Thank you for any consideration / advice you might be able to give.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 6 and BT Home Hotspot 600 Kit

By default, the two hotspots have the same name and password, as written on the card which comes with them. You will see that the details are the same. The idea is that you connect to whichever is the strongest.

Your devices should stiil be able to connect to each other via the home hub, but not sure about the Sonos. You may have to rename one of the hotspots, so you know which one to connect your audio devices to.

The instructions show you which BT page you need to go to, to change the details..

0 Ratings
technopagen
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hello, 

i have the same problem. if you plug in any of the speakers via the ethernet port on the kit the sonos will work. not sure on the wifi issues as this is the only work around i found 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks Keith,

Really appreciate the support.

Sounds like, I'll just have to be at peace with the hotspots providing different wifi networks around the house and use the built in ethernet ports for the Sonos speakers.

Thanks again. I hope I can return the favour / advice one day.

Cheers,

Steve
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Technopagen,

Really appreciate the support.

Sounds like, I'll just have to be at peace with the hotspots providing different wifi networks around the house and use the built in ethernet ports for the Sonos speakers.

Thanks again. I hope I can return the favour / advice one day.

Cheers,

Steve
0 Ratings