cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: Home Hub 6A Keeps Disconnecting / Restarting

Go to solution

As another BT customer, (soon to be ex) I have had this issue for 10 months, nobody had suggested using a 5.  Perhaps this should be put onto the call centre standard responses.  Just this morning I signed up to move to another provider because I was getting nowhere with BT.  I cannot fault the engineers and, to be honest, the call centre staff have been unfailing polite and helpful except for actually solving my constant disconnect issue.  It is a shame the front line staff are being let down by the products, up until 10 months ago I had nothing but praise for BT their responses to issues had been fast and had actually solved the problems, having been a BT customer for 16 yrs I am sad to go... and yes I have had a further "timeout" on my connection whilst writing this and seeing the familar flashing orange light makes me less sad to go.  A plea from the heart, please put the 5 back if it genuinely solves these issues - I have had 2 6's and still not solved.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

And it gets worse, I have the new HH6XA (G.Fast version for ultrafast broadband) & it too suffers from the same problems. Luckily the Openreach engineer gave me a MT992 modem (as a backup) which I now use permanently with a TP-Link router & it's solid as a rock! Very important as I have BT TV and it's 50/50 as to whether or not the box picks up the internet after the HH6 throws a wobbly, which can result in lots of missed recordings if it needs a reboot.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

Seems this issue is still recurring... 

Renewed my contract with BT 4 weeks ago.  Was sent a HH6 as a "thank you" replacing my faithful, never had a problem with HH4.  A few days in, internet was desperately slow and my various wifi devices kept needing to be reconnected on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.  BT did all the various checks and asked me to reconnect old HH4.  Problem solved.  They concluded it must be a bad hub and sent me a new one.  I plugged it in today and whilst sat here it has flashed orange 6 times in the last 30 minutes.  Seems the original problem is back.

I too have been a faithful BT customer my entire adult internet life, but if supposedly new equipment is useless and it's better to stay with equipment 8 plus years old, I wonder why I remain?  There are no plans to connect infinity to my street (they did the whole village except my road) and my bb speed averages 4-6mps on a good day.  To add insult to injury, Virgin arrived unannounced today and started laying fibre.... I WANT to stay with BT, I like BT, but I dont think I have any options unless I want to stick with the HH4 and my only slightly better than dial up internet!  

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

If you got a hh6 you should first turn off smart setup. Then split the 2.4/5ghz networks and even select channels manually instead of auto select

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice.  I'm pretty tech savvy however, and these are always my first amendments.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

The hh4 as has been posted often on the forum appears to work better on adsl than the hh6 which is better on vdsl. Looks like you just need to stick with hh4 until you get fibre in your area

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks for the that.  

My original post was for advice and experience and before I phoned BT and was sent a 2nd hub.  After speaking with BT, I thought my issues were just down to a bad hub too.

It was only after receiving the 2nd one that I started searching for either bad luck on w faulty hubs or if there is actually a hub problem.

Appreciate you pointing out the obvious.  Give up on tech and use the old hub.

I'm just trying to get the best I can out of my internet for where I live.  It's very frustrating only being able to get 4-6 - I too would like to experience catch up TV, download or stream a movie or the like without it taking half an hour.  

I presumed this was a friendly forum where customers could exchange experiences and swap advice so thought I would share my experience after finding this thread that the hh6 remains a problem, 6 months after the last poster.  It would have helped me when I was searching first time round.   My mistake.

0 Ratings