Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Home Hub Broadband Connection & BBtalk

Go to solution

I signed up in May for Broadband and BBtalk since then I have had endless problems with my Internet connection dropping off and BBtalk well its never got going, I do not have lights on for the phone or for upgrading on my Hub, I do have a dial tone but that's all.  I have had a new Hub sent to me but this is the same, I have not been able to register or log on for this service.  I have had conversations with BT who told me it was a problem from their end but this was now fixed, I was given a date for an engineer to attend but he did not show, when I queried this I was told all the work had been done at the exchange and to give it 24hrs and I would be up and running, that was the 23rd July please can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angelica

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Home Hub Broadband Connection & BBtalk

Go to solution

Hi angelica and welcome

You'd be better off sending an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com regarding the BBT side of things with your account details and a link back to this thread. It sounds like BBT still hasn't been set up correctly.

Is the BB connection still dropping?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi

If you do not have the phone light lit on your HH the BB talk will not work, you may have to re activate it.

Do you know what the phone number is that you would have been given by BT, it would normally have been sent to you in an email with a password for you to activate it.

Armed with this info (or just even the phone number) got to www.bt.com/bbt you can then re activate it on your HH.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

This is the whole point it has never worked, never been activated but the cheek is I am being charged for it!!!!

0 Ratings
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
sent! just speaking with BT at least refunding bbtalk up to today
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@angelica wrote:
sent! just speaking with BT at least refunding bbtalk up to today

Forgive me if I'm being thick, it has been known, but isn't BBtalk included gratis in the BB package?

The hub phone can work either over the internet or make standard calls down your telephone line. When Talk isn't active you get the standard dial tone and you'll be making a regular telephone call, when Talk is active (and properly set up) you get a high pitched dial tone and your calls go via the internet (unless you press 5 to defeat it).

0 Ratings
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
bbtalk is not free when anytime calls, I know what the phone is supposed to do however it will not activate. I have spent all afternoon on the phone with BT and they are now saying that its probably not set up properley from their end, so I have to wait for a call from them tomorrow once they attempt to solve the issue also try to resolve my broadband problem
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Angelica, I didn't even know you could do that. They seem to keep it very quiet on their marketing pages. You'd think that every page which gives Talk call prices would slip in the fact that for a monthly fee you can avoid those. Marketing is missing a trick there.

Hope you get sorted soon.

0 Ratings
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you! await another day with baited breath!
0 Ratings
angelica
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Just to keep you updated, received my phone call! BBtalk had been cancelled due to the fact it had not been 'activated' lost for words really when I have been complaining it would not activate in the first place. How could it show to BT though that it was active? anyway short of it is I have to wait for a new Telephone number etc and wait a couple more days.
0 Ratings