cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 16

Re: Home Hub Regularly Disconnects / Fails to Reconnect

sorry but is it the internet that drops light on hub flashes orange or is it the pc that is dropping connection and cannot reconnect to the hub?

have you tried new filter and new rj11 cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
adamz946
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

The light on the hub turns red when the connection drops, computers stay connected and can still communicate over the LAN.

Oh and with the HH3 the light flashes two colours, but i assume that's just because it's a different type hub.
0 Ratings
adamz946
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

And yes tried different cables/filters. The problem does correct itself after time but is dropping out more and more regularly and stays disconnected for longer each time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

is it the centre light on the hub that is changing colour
0 Ratings
adamz946
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

yeah the centre light. Broadband has finally come back after 8-10 hours, obviously doesn't resolve the fault that keeps causing this but it's back for now. I noticed that there has been a fault opened under my online account so will see if that reveals anything at BT's end as still unclear to why it's happening.

thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

do both of your lines have BT broadband on them ?
0 Ratings