cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 51

Re: Home Hub keeps resetting and my speed has dropped by half.

10:32:51, 04 May. (220888.430000) DSL noise margin: 6.40 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
10:32:50, 04 May. (220887.420000) DSL line rate: 899 Kbps upstream, 11768 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 51

I am using the test socket now. My speed has nearly doubled back to what it was before the problem began.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awvvpl0js5uzpe7/Screenshot%202014-05-04%2010.54.21.png
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 51

you have an internal wiring problem. as you can see the improvement with the change to the test socket which eliminates your internal wiring

have you removed the bellwire from terminal 3 in all your sockets?  

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 51

I will leave it connected to the test socket (the one behind the front plate) for a few days. If this remains largely unchanged in that time, how will I go about getting the front plate fixed?
0 Ratings
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 51

using the picture below as reference, when I removed the front plate, there were no wires attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btxudccikt0pbin/nte5_3b.jpg

Some of the wires were pushed down inside the recess but two were sticking out.

Is that the bell wire?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 51

from the pic it looks like the main wires 2&5 and the orange bellwire attached to terminal 3  the bellwire should be removed and also in the extension socket that is conected to

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 51

That picture is from the link you sent me. I have no wires connected at all to the back of the plate. They are all stuffed away in a bundle.
0 Ratings
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 51

I took another reading. It's still much better (nearly double the speed) than I had before. This is using the test socket.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2wayqxvxm3y1hm/Screenshot%202014-05-04%2011.23.09.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xe3720wcfvxz4j2/Screenshot%202014-05-04%2011.25.41.png

These are the speeds I usede to have before May 1st.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 51

are you using the same filter?  if you have no other extension sockets hence no wiring on back of faceplate.

it is possible that there is a problem with the faceplate.  they don't go faulty often but they do go fauilty

I would leave in test socket as you have no extension sockets leaving there just now while connection settles with new speed will not cause you a problem

Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 51

Okay, I will leave it connected to test for a few days.
0 Ratings