cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 51

Re: Home Hub keeps resetting and my speed has dropped by half.

there are other posts where checker shows a far lower estimated figure than that actually attained

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Jaspero
Contributor
Message 32 of 51

thats pretty bad man.You know the in's and out very well,I'm sure something is wrong on BT's side 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 51

the  ticking you can hear on the line could easily be enough for the broadband to keep dropping connection.  have you tried a factory reset of the hub - recessed button on back until lights flash - or are you able to replace the filter to see if that helps.  id the ticking noise on the line if only phone connected - no hub connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 51

I'll try that. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 51

Thanks to everyone on here for your help but I'm just not getting anywhere at all.

I factory reset it but it's already disconnected six times this morning. That's simply unacceptable.

I'm just going to ring 151 tomorrow morning and ask for someone to come out and see if something can be done. I've already invested enough time in this and it is a service I'm paying for.

I understannd the need to get customers to troubleshoot but I cannot spend all my time looking through logs and reporting stuff on here.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 51

hope you get help but you can also phone CS 08001114567 and ask for new router if you think it is faulty.  remember that if you get an engineer visit and problem found on your side of test socket then you get charged £129.99 hence why all the test to try and eliminate problems in your home

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 37 of 51

i had the same thing happen discoonecting loads of times a day,numerous chats to call centres and i even said i think hub is faulty but they were having none of it,they insisited a engineer had to come out and he did and what did he find my hub disconnecting right in front of him,so he got a new hub out of the van plugged it in and no more disconnects for a month or more now,that engineer visit cost bt not me.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 51

@shamus1 wrote:

i had the same thing happen discoonecting loads of times a day,numerous chats to call centres and i even said i think hub is faulty but they were having none of it,they insisited a engineer had to come out and he did and what did he find my hub disconnecting right in front of him,so he got a new hub out of the van plugged it in and no more disconnects for a month or more now,that engineer visit cost bt not me.

please keep checking your bills as it often takes a few months for the charge to appear - hopefully it will never appear but better safe than paying £129.99 for new router

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 39 of 51

my hub was under 12 months warranty so i will be paying nothing?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 51

it will only be free if you are still in contract
0 Ratings