cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 51

Re: Home Hub keeps resetting and my speed has dropped by half.

that would normally be the case if you had received a new hub from calling customer services but I would keep checking as you had engineer visit which ended up with a new hub - I would keep checking - there are numerous posts on the billing forum where people have been charged for less

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 42 of 51

yes still in contract.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 43 of 51

the thing is they sent the engineer not me,they wouldnt give me new hub as they claimed it was my internal wiring but enginneer proved it wasnt.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 51

no harm in checking - the engineer just submits a report and someone else decides whether to bill for it.  better to catch it before money taken

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 45 of 51

yes jm jolly shall keep checking bills thanks just paid two since the enginneer been so hope i dont have to go through all the arguments but good thing is my sister is a solicitor so i will let her deal with it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 51

I hope it doesn't come to that.  if you are unlucky then the mods are the best way to go as they have helped many on the billing forum

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 47 of 51

so basically to get your broadband fixed with bt is a lottery,you might be charged or not or might be fixed or not?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 51

from reading previous posts on the billing forum I would agree

0 Ratings
Fumi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 51

I spoke to the Helpdesk this morning. It seems I have the dreaded PPP LCP Termination Request [User Request]. Looking around this forum, I soon found the 25 page thread reagarding this problem.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-User-reque...

The thread was eventually locked and doesn't look like it was ever solved for the users involved.

Since 9am this morning, my HH4 has disconnected fourteen times in three hours. That has to be a record of some sort.

I'm waiting on whether or not they are going to send someone. Unfortunately, they say there is no problem with the phone line. I've neither modified or added anything to my set up in over eight months. I've used the test socket, factory reset the modem, changed the filter etc.

All I know is that since the early hours of may 1st, something happned to the line which has resulted in halving my download speed and disconnecting the modem upwards of 30 or 40 times a day.

Before then, I never had a single issue in nearly ten years. I'm really at a loss with this.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 51

I suggest you request a new hub
0 Ratings