Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave44
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Home Hub - no BTFON or BTOpenzone SSID

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Before I start I do know a thing or two about ADSL, computers and the internet in general, however I am no expert in the Home hub so hopefully someone can help me out.

At home I have a Homehub 2.0 (running Software version 8.1.H.J (Type A)) which has been working without issue for the past couple of months. Yesterday when I tried to connect to the wifi my machine was prompting for the WPA key and refusing to accept this.

Since I hadn't made any changed to this I restarted the Homehub 2.0 and after that I connected fine.

However, since then I have noticed that the hub is no longer broadcasting SSIDs for BTFON or BTOpenzone, despite the hub interface saying that BTFON is enabled.

I can't see anything in the settings to make any changes to this. Does anyone know what might have caused this to disappear?

This isn't directly causing me a problem, as I do use other people's FON routers a bit, I should probably make sure I am doing by bit for the community by getting this working again 🙂

Any advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
dave44
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home Hub - no BTFON or BTOpenzone SSID

Go to solution

Does anyone know if it would be worth deristering from FON, waiting a few days then opting back in, to get this working again?

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
I'd wait until you have to reset your hub again and see what follows. As you say unless you want to use your own FON hotspot then it isn't causing you any problems and if you are in a built up area then there will be others about.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

if you have a pc and not a mac have you tried downloading inssider2 to check what your hub is broadcasting?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dave44
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I have got a Mac but I have run iStumbler which is a similar utility, and it is definitely only broadcasting it's own BTHomeHub2..... SSID.

I suppose it is no big deal, it is just one of those niggly things.

0 Ratings
AnimatedAPE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Check if your HH2 is broadcasting on wireless b/g/n or just b/g. I just changed mine to b/g in order to fix some other issues, and I noticed that when I did BTFON and OpenZone dissappeared.

0 Ratings
dave44
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@AnimatedAPE wrote:

Check if your HH2 is broadcasting on wireless b/g/n or just b/g. I just changed mine to b/g in order to fix some other issues, and I noticed that when I did BTFON and OpenZone dissappeared.

Unfortunatly this made no difference. However, I have now been able to resolve the issue by factory resetting the hub, then opting into BTFON again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Spillpot
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I have the same problem (no BT FON or BT OpenZone SSID being broadcast) since resetting my router some months ago (I switched it off for 2 weeks whilst on holiday). I've tried opting out and back into BT FON but it's made no difference. Reading the post above I might try a factory reset and reconfiguration, but before doing that has anyone got any explanation as to why the BT FON and OPENZONE SSIDs dissapear from the Home Hub2? I don't want to be reconfiguring it everytime I need to switch it off for a period of time.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings