Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hodgecr
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Home Hub not ringing AGAIN!!

Go to solution

Home Hub 2 (black curved) hub phone has AGAIN stopped ringing. Re-registered it, reset it, dusted it, talked nice to it, threatned it with violence Nothing! I've checked all the settings they're fine, the phone was ringing up to two days ago. It seems to do this every few weeks, then all of a sudden starts to work again!

The missed calls list doesn't work either, but there again never has!

If anyone from BT is reading in can you please, please, please update the software. It's on loads of forums all over the web. People are saying exactly the same things as me. Plus the help pages are really really terrible. We need screen captures & step by step guides. Please flag it up & send a "Corrective Action" as per ISO 9001 directives to which BT has registration. Rather than getting people on here to do what BT as a company should have sorted months ago.

25 REPLIES 25
hodgecr
Beginner
Message 2 of 26

Re: Home Hub not ringing AGAIN!!

Go to solution

Would you believe it? It's working again!

There's no rhyme or reason to this arrrgggggghhhhh.

But I'll stand by my previous remarks, BT really needs to sort out these re-occurring faults on the Hubs & phones. They are not doing their reputation as world telecommunication leaders any good.

0 Ratings
dhupong
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

I had the same problem too.

In fact, it seems that it is due to the voicemail settings.

I found the solution on this page

http://business.bt.com/mobile/mobile-tariffs/talk-time/voicemail/

you need to dial 15713 and it will turn off divert all your calls to your Mailbox.

Hope it will work for you too 😉

0 Ratings
peterwt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Hi dhupong,

Your info is for mobile phone mailbox. The 1571 mailbox on Broadband Talk can not be configured.

Peter
0 Ratings
LEE3119
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

I agree, I am having the same problems with my Hub Phone.  Previously when this has happened, I've rebooted my hub and powered the phone off and back on again and the problem went away.  However it seems to be back to stay now and have had the problem for 2 weeks.  My call list still works and the light shows that somebody called but the phone just doesn't ring.

The answer given above does not SOLVE this problem as it refers to mobiles and not hub phones.

Could the moderators please take the solved marker off this problem and see if someone can come up with a permanent solution?

0 Ratings
acbeaton
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Home hub phones not ringing seems to be a common problem so maybe my experience will be of help to some other frustrated user.

I have a BT Relate 2100 corded phone connected by cable to my Home Hub 2.0 and 2x cordless Hub phones in the hall and kitchen operating wirelessly as extensions. Everything worked fine for a long time and the cordless phones were ringing normally for incoming calls, but recently it gradually dawned on me that the wireless phones had stopped ringing. Maybe I had changed something to cause this problem, who knows? Anyway I spent a lot of time off and on over a period of weeks checking phone settings and the Hub Manager settings, calling BT, researching the forums, re-setting the phones, deregistering and re-registering them - you know the scene. Then I noticed that the kitchen phone had more problems than the hall extension so, in desperation, I removed and re-installed the batteries, the phone re-registered itself to the Hub automatically and everything started working normally. In future, if anything goes wrong, I will try that first!

0 Ratings
rebelkc
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

After many months of working fine my black hub phone stopped ringing yesterday.

It lights up and shows caller but no sound ...... upstairs corded phone ringing fine. I can also answer calls on it if I see it light up and I can call out.

Have tried all of the resets etc and no joy ..... what the blue blazes else can I try?

0 Ratings
acbeaton
Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution
Did you try taking the batteries out, counting to ten and then putting them back? It worked for me. (See my posting of 22-10-2010).
0 Ratings
rebelkc
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

I did and no joy ......... also tried another set of batteries as a last resort 😞

0 Ratings
acbeaton
Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Sorry to hear that. Wasn't life a lot easier without gadgets?

0 Ratings