Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

Home Hub not working on master socket but does on extension

Go to solution

Hi,

Hope this is an obvious fix and sorry if its covered else where but I couldnt find any info...

Home hub works fine on the extension (slave) socket but does not work on the master socket.

Any guidance would be very gratefully received, thanks.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Home Hub not working on master socket but does on extension

Go to solution

have you tried the test socket?

either your master faceplate is faulty which is unusual but not unheard of or your extension socket is wired incorrectly or that is not your master socket just a NTE5 on extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes, I tried the test socket but still no good. It just seems really odd that the master socket doesn't work but the extension does.

As the test socket doesn't work I assume that the extension being wrongly wired is irrelevant now as its not connected when using test socket.

Could it be something to do with not having filters on both sockets?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

do you mean standard adsl filters not a filtered faceplate

if the test socket does not work but another socket does then that is not your master socket

I would suggest you find where BT wires enter your home and look for first socket as that will be the master

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi,

I am not 100% sure waht a filtered face plate is, the one I have has a removable bottom section where you can wire an extension and also hides the test socket.

Its just the standard little filter blocks you get from BT with a hub that I have, but only one of them.

This is why its all so strange, its definately the master box I am having trouble with. Hub works fine on extension box but just flashes when connected to master or test socket. I still have a phone plugged into the extension and this doesn't have a filter on it, could that be the issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

any phone connected must be filtered

if you have the faceplate of the 'master' then only socket that should work is the test socket.  if that is not the case then that is not the master socket and that is somewhere else

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

@scottmacblue wrote:

I am not 100% sure waht a filtered face plate is, the one I have has a removable bottom section where you can wire an extension and also hides the test socket.

But your extension is not wired to the 'removable bottom section", is it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

this is a filtered faceplate  fibre SSFP.jpg  or  original.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Off topic, Imjolly, but does the one on the left necessarily have a vDSL (standard) filter?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

yes that is the official vdsl plate  which is now fitted for both VDSL and ADSL

0 Ratings