cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teppotastic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub v1 and frequent restarting

I've got a good ol' Home Hub v1 and over the past few months it's been restarting itself with increasing frequency, up to 3 times today now.

I'm concerned that it is on its way out and that it's causing my profile to keep stepping down (I've seen 400KB/s transfer rates after a good week of no restarts, but it's regularly 180-220 these days).

Looking for some advice here. Would BT replace this old thing or am I going to end up out-of-pocket?

Dropping my Line stats here just in case they're helpful.

Link Information

Uptime:	0 days, 2:45:17

Modulation:	G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:	448 / 2,144

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:	113.69 / 398.99

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:	11.5 / 18.0

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:	28.0 / 49.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:	21.0 / 12.0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):	TMMB / ALCB

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):	0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):	1 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):	0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):	0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):	200 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):	0 / 66

CRC Errors (Up/Down):	0 / 2

HEC Errors (Up/Down):	0 / 1

Line Profile:	Interleaved

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub v1 and frequent restarting

You could contact sales andask them but you may need to recontract to get a free hub however you may also be able to get a better price as well
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Does it restart when there is no Internet activity and no computers connected to it?

0 Ratings
Teppotastic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I know it sometimes restarts in the middle of the night (between midnight and 4am) regardless of whether the computers are off or on, but I haven't tried actually disconnecting them. Do you think that would make a difference?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Teppotastic wrote:

I know it sometimes restarts in the middle of the night (between midnight and 4am) regardless of whether the computers are off or on, but I haven't tried actually disconnecting them. Do you think that would make a difference?

Any changes to the connection profile are usually made overnight by the exchange, so that may explain it.

If the computers are turned off, then that should be fine.

It could be a faulty home hub, or more likely the home hub power unit failing.

Teppotastic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

yeah, I thought they made those kind of changes at night. But if it miraculously manages going a week without restarting, my line speed returns to normal (approx 400kB/s).

Also wouldn't explain the now common occurance of router restarts in the middle of the day. Two at about 10am 12pm on a Sunday. One just now (approx 9:30pm) on a week day. Seems almost random!

Either way, I sent a tweet to @BTCare and was directed to their form on the website. Anyone know how long before they usually respond?

EDIT:: I just want to say, thanks for the input on this thread too 🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@bt care Is not used pn this forum we have a team of forum moderators who deal with posts here once the community members have been through basic checks if they are needed
0 Ratings