Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scooby2511
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Home Move Problem

Hey guys.

I have tried to set up a home move order but there is an error in the tracking.

Here is a screenshot of the error.

bt error.png

Also further down the tracking it also says - "We need to check everything is OK with your order before we can commit to this appointment slot."

I have been in touch with BT and have been told its with their offline team but i have not been told what exactly is the problem.

I dont move untill the 26th of may so there is plenty of time to correct this, however i went through trouble last year trying to get BT to setup my phone line/fibre and i dont want to be going through similar stress while trying to sort out a house move.

If anybody has any ideas or have went through something similar and could give me advice that would be great.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Move Problem

You could also confirm the move is going through by using live chat
0 Ratings
Scooby2511
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I spoke to somebody on BT livechat and i got this information.

'Order is in progress and there is an issue with it, but nothing to worry about'

'Its a system failure and the team are working on it'

Im not sure what is meant by a system failure, hopefully it can be sorted quite easily.

The house im moving into has been empty since December, so im assuming the phone line has been disconnected. I also checked the local areas cabinet and there is space on that for new fibre orders.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Scooby2511
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Just a quick update.

Had a phone call from BT this morning confirming the order will go ahead on the 26th of may, however in the order tracking it now says.

'Engineer Visit - Requested - Failed.na'

'We're just waiting on some information from our suplier'

Now im going to assume the supplier is Openreach, so therefore if the engineer visit has been requested and failed then how can BT confirm my fibre/phone line be activated on the 26th.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

there may be an active line already at your new home that just has a soft stop on it and it can be activated remotely it is also now possible that the fibre cabinet has a waiting list on it now
0 Ratings
Scooby2511
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Everything appears to be sorted now, i have been given a date and time for an engineer visit.

As far as im aware the house im moving into has had the phone line disconnected since december, however the previous occupier maybe hadn't paid a bill and the line got tagged or something like that.

I will keep this updated incase it is a help to anybody else who has a similar problem.

Heres hoping the install goes smoothly.

Thanks again for replying.

0 Ratings