cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Home Move Problems

I'm having real problems with BT with regards to a home move order. I placed an order online back on the 7th July and received all of the subsequent confirmation emails informing me of the move of services. 

It then turns out that there was an issue with the order and BT had to cancel my order on numerous occasions and it seems they've struggled to get anything moving since. I've also really struggled to get any real reasons as to why there is a problem with the order.

I've been promised phone calls which never transpire.

I'm due to move house this coming Friday 22nd July and when I called today, I was told that a new order cannot be placed until the line at the new house is stopped which will happen on Friday.

Absolutely shocking service from BT when it's just a move of phone line and broadband to a new address. The new house even has an active BT line! 

Hopefully, I will get a call today but not holding my breath...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Move Problems

If the previous owner did not cancel their service in time with their Service Provider, then BT Retail cannot progress the order. This is not the fault of BT Retail.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

I completely understand that. My frustration is why didn't BT Retail just inform me of that in the first place rather than giving me cryptic reasons as to why they keep cancelling my order. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I think that when orders are placed, the people placing the orders see that they are being entered on the system, but do not see the subsequent cancellation when the automated checks reveal that there is a pending cease. This often happens with Infinity orders, when it later turns out that the fibre cabinet is full.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Keith. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Sorry, one more question.

If the new property already has it's service with BT and an active line, would the current owners need to inform BT that they wish to cancel their service before my order can progress? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Ronakp1 wrote:

Sorry, one more question.

If the new property already has it's service with BT and an active line, would the current owners need to inform BT that they wish to cancel their service before my order can progress? 

Yes, I assume that they have already done that, to avoid any more bills.

0 Ratings