cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welrond
Message 1 of 3

Home Move Problems

I am in the middle of a home move with BT that is nothing short of horrendous. The only reason we are even going with BT is that my girlfriend shortly starts work for them and gets free phone and broadband, otherwise I would never dream of bothering to go any further.

The initial home move order which included a new broadband account failed on the day it was going to be connected supposedly because of a pre-existing non-BT line in the new flat (of which no-one contacted us to inform of this failure).  After having about the 8th conversation with the call staff about this the solution is to cancel this order and re-order.  When I have insisted on an explanation why this order won't fail they can't give me one so I have to cross my fingers and hope that somehow this order miraculously works where the other one didn't.

The call centre service has been nothing short of appalling, even the phone conversations are painful with constant requests to be put on hold with no explanation of what they are doing.  I hung up twice because I thought the phone line was disconnected!  All I want is an explanation of what the problem is and why going through this process of re-ordering is actually going to work the second time when it didn't work before or whether it's going to be another waste of a week having no broadband or phone.

I have little faith that in a week's time I will actually have a working phone line or broadband.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Move Problems

Hi Welrond,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry to hear of the problems you are having.  I can certainly help with this.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT order number.

Once I get the details I will take a look to see what happened to the previous order and how the new order is going.  I will be able to answer your questions.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
coldpenguin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Move Problems

"The call centre service has been nothing short of appalling, even the phone conversations are painful with constant requests to be put on hold with no explanation of what they are doing. "

The one I talked to said they had to talk to several customers at the same time. "we have to multi-task sir"

0 Ratings