cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 11 of 29

Re: Home Move..... or lack thereof!!

Hi @robslusar sorry that you haven't been called. I will get this chased up for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 29

Thought i would update on this.

After a number of conversations with Patrick (who has been excellent by the way), it appears that the wrong phone line was connected to our property at the exchange, which in turn was holding back the internet set up. It is believed that Openreach just reactivated the previous owners number.

The internet should be up and running today... hopefully so it looks like sorting the number out has simplified the process and got it sorted. I wish I had been able to speak to someone from the Digital Care team earlier rather than being railroaded to the call centres, as Patrick has done more to update and help than any of the scripted bods from abroad.

I know they are only doing their job, but in all my time with BT they have only ever made things more complicated due to the lack of actions the are able to push. I know it is cheaper, but I can't be the only BT customer enfuriated by it.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 29

We eventually got our infinity connected, but due to electrical works here and what turned out to be an issue on the BT network, we were having regular drop outs and as such our internet speed was averaging between 20-30 meg, which is somewhat lower than the 70-80 we are predicted.

Having dealt with Patrick, I was hoping to speak with him, but I missed his last call due to being out for work, and this was Friday last week, since then I haven't had any contact.

Whilst we have now had a solid uninterupted connection since about lunchtime last saturday, our internet speeds have not improved.

I assume it is all linked to the previous interrupted connections, but i would have hoped that it would have picked up a bit by now.

Hopefully if this gets read, someone could get hold of me so i can discuss whether it is something we are doing wrong or if the line needs a reset or something?

many thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 29

it can take several weeks for the DLM to increase your speed after multiple disconnections
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 15 of 29

@robslusar Patrick has set a reminder to get back in touch with you today, I've sent him a message to say you're speed hasn't picked up. 

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 29

We now have an engineer coming out tomorrow who hopefully will be able to sort out this slow speed issue.

Now, after having checked my bank balance, it seems BT have now managed to balls up my bills!

Firstly, I have been charged £49 for a new connection on the 4th July.

When I renewed my contract earlier this year i made the call centre operative aware that we were moving, I was told that the move was free, this was backed up when I officially advised of the move. Apparently, I have been lied to TWICE about this. If i had been told this when i renewed my contract, I wouldn't have done so.... 

Could someone please have a look at this ASAP! I am not happy to be paying a fee that I have been told TWICE was going to be free, especially given that 8 weeks since the move process started we still don't have an internet connection that is working properly (despite paying for the full product).

Secondly, according to my bills i have been charged for the line rental etc between 18th June and 17th July on both my June bill AND my July bill.... how does that happen?

It seems like one thing after another at the moment and i am seriously losing any faith i had left in BT! I have spent so much time on this it's starting to do my head in!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 17 of 29

@robslusar I'm really sorry about this. @PaddyB will be able to help you get these issues sorted, I've let him know you've posted.

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 29

thank you @NeilO, through all of the hassle this has been, @PaddyB has been brilliant. the online team has certainly been more help to me than the standard routes.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 19 of 29

Hi @robslusar,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've removed those incorrect charges and will follow up with you tomorrow, following the engineers visit.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
robslusar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Hi @PaddyB, @NeilO, the wife has been waiting around for the engineer that was supposed to be out this morning and it is nearing the end of the slot with no sign of them.

She has taken the day off work for them to come, but has to go out at 1.30

I'm hoping that they have been doing all their works at the exchange/box and fixed it there, but given my previous experiences with openreach, i'm more inclined to believe they just haven't shown without any explaination.. which is somewhat annoying when someone has taken time off for it.

Could you look at this for me and give me a call to let me know what is happening please?

0 Ratings