cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Home Network Devices

I've PCs, Xbox 360, Network Media Player and Smartphones connected to the BT HomeHub, how do I give everyone device a static IP so it will give it a little better speed and connection?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Network Devices

each of the devices should be able to set a static ip address in their network settings. giving a static ip address will not give the device a faster conenction - just depends on how many devices are connected at same time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Sometimes 1-3 devices connected at the same time, do I go to Home Network -> Devices and select the device and tick Yes on Always use this IP address?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

For devices such as Xbox 360 and Network Media Player, do I go to Home Network -> Devices and select the device and tick Yes on Always use this IP address?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Yes
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

No reason static IP should give better speed and connection; though there can be other benefits.

Technically, ' tick Yes on Always use this IP address?' will give a sticky dhcp address, not a static address. To use a static address you must set it up on each device and not on the router ... making sure to assign an address in the subnet but outside the dhcp range.

0 Ratings