cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Home Network Speeds Using BT Infinity ?

Go to solution

Well the gigabit switch arrived today, I hooked-up everything using cat6 cables and my speeds jumped from 10 MB/sec to  70 MB/sec, (took just over 1 min to copy over a 4.36 GB file on the network). Well pleased with the results, many thanks to all who helped me get there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@nikev21 wrote:

Well the gigabit switch arrived today, I hooked-up everything using cat6 cables and my speeds jumped from 10 MB/sec to  70 MB/sec, (took just over 1 min to copy over a 4.36 GB file on the network). Well pleased with the results, many thanks to all who helped me get there.

Very glad you've got it sorted and you're very welcome 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@nikev21 wrote:

Good Job ! i would be interested in this gigabit switch my self, to backup PC hard drives over the network all I get is 3.5MB/sec

have you a link to the Switch you bought. 

The only difference with B computer is I will be using 300Mbit Homeplugs instead of CAT6.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@NewtronStar wrote:

@nikev21 wrote:

Good Job ! i would be interested in this gigabit switch my self, to backup PC hard drives over the network all I get is 3.5MB/sec

The only difference with B computer is I will be using 300Mbit Homeplugs instead of CAT6.

The reason you are only getting 3.5MB/sec is because you are using the homeplug, the only way to get faster speeds is by using the CAT6 cable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@NewtronStar wrote:

@nikev21 wrote:

*The switch was a TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch, cost 16 quid on A*****.

* Cat6 Shielded Network Cable, 10 Meters, FTP, Black Ethernet Patch Lead, cost 6 quid on A*****

good luck

0 Ratings