Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awjenks
Beginner
Message 11 of 13

Re: Home hub 3 as a print server.

Go to solution

I've now proved that the BT Home Hub 3 won't work with the TP-LINK PS110P Parallel Print Server.
This is what I did to proved it.

1) I set up the Print Server on my Netgear Router and everything works fine.

2) I transfer the cables from the Netgear Router to the BT Home Hub 3 Router and try to print. No joy, only error messages.

3) I transfer the cables back to the Netgear Router and everything works fine again.

Conclusion: The BT Home Hub won't work with this Print Server, so unless someone knows better,  I will be using the Netgear Router from now on.

BT, why can't you supply a router that will do the things that other routers will do?

0 Ratings
awjenks
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

The problem is now sorted.

I had entered the wrong IP address on one of my computers. The Netgear router was still working with the 'incorrect' setting but the BT Home Hub wouldn't. That's what confused me.

My apologies to BT

0 Ratings
gordonjkelly
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution
I have an iMac (Wireless) and Pc (Ethernet) on my hub 3. My Brother printer and Kyocera laser are also wired into hub3. All printers appear on the "add printer" function on both computers and work beautifully.
Hub5 replacement has problems as the Kjocera does not appear on the add printer screen. Anyone have a fix for this? Gordon

0 Ratings