Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dja1000
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Home hub 5 / infinity 2 disconnection

Hi

My ping times are fairly poor, in the region of 40ms to bbc, I put this down to Dlm and assumed it would improve by leaving the line stable but...... Every couple of days I get disconnected, when I look at the events page at the same time as the disconnection I have ongoing TR0269 events. This BT diagnostic tool surely is not disconnecting me? Very bizarre?
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 20

Re: Home hub 5 / infinity 2 disconnection

Hi dja1000

Could you post the results of a speed test please so we can see how your broadband is working?

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

I posted again today a similar post as it is getting worse

0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Sync rate now down to 40/8, disconnected 3 times a day now! is it worth phoning support to be told there is no problem?
0 Ratings
Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 20

Have you been on Infinity1/2 for a while or are you a new BT customer with a HH5
ie have you upgraded from HH3 to HH5?
Knowing this will be of enormous benefit to your case 🙂

0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Newish, since November, I have HH5

Thanks

David
Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 20

ok and that is a test using the ethernet not wireless? 

and you've recently had a DLM reset? via an openreach engineer

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

@Nethelp22 wrote:

ok and that is a test using the ethernet not wireless? 

and you've recently had a DLM reset? via an openreach engineer

Nethelp22, just for your information because I have noticed you suggesting a DLM reset by an engineer on a number of threads. There is no point in simply requesting a DLM reset until the underlying problem of what may have caused DLM, if that is the problem, to have activated is sorted or cleared. If you don't fix the problem DLM will kick back in again and you will be back to square one.

dja1000
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

I am not using wireless, I have been using LAN for speed tests and into the back of the router direct.

I had several (10+) disconnections in one day due to work on my house where the HH5 was powered down and some more the next day, I think my situation has snow balled from there?

I am convinced now, BT are shutting it down or there is a fault with HH5, every time it cycles TA065 is generating events.  I am convinced if they left it alone it would be fine?

The call centere i spoke to refused to reset the stats as my connection is within tolerance, pretty soon it will not be though.  The nice lady at the technical support says there is nothing they can do?

How much would my speed need to drop before BT were in breach of their contract to me and I could move on? or at least threaten too?

I wish they spent as much on helping us as they do on customer surveys! lol

0 Ratings