cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home hub 5a keeps resetting after latest firmware update, version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2

Go to solution

Hi.

My router for a couple weeks now has been resetting it self a few times a day. With the following reason everytime.

Boot reason: watchdog reset (cause: 0x3).

After months of issues with the broadband, openreach finally properly fixed the line about 3 months ago, I now have a near perfect line on testing. The engineer also swopped the latest hub for a hh5 has they the most stable hub. I had no problems sat at maximum speed and no dissconnects, for over 2 months. Then a couple of weeks ago the problems started again.

Upon checking this morning I noticed that when my problems started the router updated to the following firmware.

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (type A) Last updated 13/07/17

Before that update my line was rock solid and just doing its 14 day resets. Now I am losing speed and got a unstable connection. Which always fails at most inappropriate times.

Is a moderator able to get this looked at for me and any other suggestions would be appreciated, have tried a reset of router and the issue is still there.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home hub 5a keeps resetting after latest firmware update, version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2

Go to solution

Having seen its a comman issue I can get this locally, can anyone confirm its compatable, tp-link ac1600 d-dand vdsl/adsl modem-router. Sometimes refered to has vr600 I think.

Again thanks for anyones help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Home hub 5a keeps resetting after latest firmware update, version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2

Go to solution

Yep, and well recommended.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thats great will go pick it up in a while. Hopefully get a stable line again. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just use the wizard to set it up and enter homehub@btbroadband.com as the username and BT as password when prompted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Will do thanks again. Will let you know if its solved my issues once I got it up and running.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

All connected easy to do has you said, dropped about 6mb on down speed to 49mb but more than ok with that if its stable now. Could been DLM kicking in today has connection was on and off loads.

Is there any settings I should be aware of changing on router.

Also any idea how I find out the network up time, maybe just me but can't find it anywhere, probably right in front of me.

0 Ratings