Message 101 of 192

Re: Home hub 6 not so smart

Don't have either of those hubs...
0 Ratings
Wildoat
Contributor
Message 102 of 192

Ooops. Im afraid the only solution I could find was to use another router either another BT one or a TP Link one that I have. The HH6 is hopeless Im afraid. Trying to fix it will just give you stress. Others have tried but BT do not care. Latest firmware is June despite all the problems with wifi so no attempt to fix it. Good luck and hope you can manage to find a solution that works for you. W.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 103 of 192

Latest firmware is Oct-2016 and just starting to be seen. No real notification of what's fixed other than VPN, access controls and 'bug fixes' which could be anything.
0 Ratings
kitbooth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 192

My HH6 was updated a few days ago and since then it has been hard work keeping the wifi printers connected. They keep dropping our, 3 Canons and no matter what I try they do not stay connected.

Two of them, an ix6850 and a LBP6230dw luckily have wired network connections so there's a lot of cable in room now.

Even my repeaters around the house come and go!

Let's hope this will be fixed.

0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 192

I can't believe that it is taking so long to roll out the update to HH6. My devices don't maintain their connections any more. It has been a waste of time and money "upgrading". Why are there no comments from BT about these problems and the firmware update on this forum?   

0 Ratings
Raj
Beginner
Message 106 of 192

Just has exact same issue and did the same, all good now.
0 Ratings
monkwearmouth
Beginner
Message 107 of 192

I have had every home hub and number 6 is the worst one ever. I just called BT and there solution is - wait for it- to send me an old Home Hub 5. Do not under any circumstances get the home Hub 6, it is plainly a faulty product that is by their own admission not fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings
maxheedroom
Beginner
Message 108 of 192

Me too nothing but probelms with Wireless since I have had the HH6- Have the same problem. Wifi drops and won't connect on a number of different tablets and laptops. Talked to BT and they split 2.4 & 5 Ghz to no affect. Only way to recover is reboot Hub. tried my old HH5 and ran with not problems. BT have a problem with HH6 and need to fix.

switching back to HH5

0 Ratings
Wildoat
Contributor
Message 109 of 192

Has anyone with the new October firmware seen any improvement? My HH6 is on old F4 (June) version. W.

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 192

@Wildoat wrote:

Has anyone with the new October firmware seen any improvement? My HH6 is on old F4 (June) version. W.

Big improvement.

After 5 days, very stable wireless connection(s).

0 Ratings