cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Home hub flashing connection dropping all the time

Hi i have been with bt and used this home hub for a couple of years now and have been living at current home for 1.5 years.

Just recently the connection is dropping all the time and it is making my internet use very misterable so I phoned the call centre and after much time and inconvenice answering lots of questions a line test was undertaken and a fault was indeed found on the line. A BT engineer came out (we were told via txt) and we were informed that he had fixed our fault.

However, the connection drops are now slightly worse. Certainly not any better and definatley not rectified. The blue light is still flashing all the time and I get the white screen on my monitor accompanying it.

Please help!

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home hub flashing connection dropping all the time

Welcome to the forum where customers help customers and only bt employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router you may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi thanks for your reply.

I have entered the numbers into the browser like you instructed but I am afraid there is no link to 'adsl' as you say? - simply 'home', 'services', 'settings' or 'troubleshooting'.

My home hub is connected via a filter, into the house main phone cable, which dissapears up into the attic. I cannot see any sockets as such, just a cable.

I have tried the quiet phone line test with a coded phone and can confirm that it is quiet.
Please help, its been awful today so far. Have to wait until the blue light stays on, then a get a short window where I can get online to post this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

This should help find stats http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

Can you run btspeedtester using the link in my previous post and post diagnostic results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi thanks for your reply again but that link you just posted simply takes me back to the page you first directed me to (which has no link for 'adsl').

Also, you did not post any link previously for btspeedster, but I googled it and ran the test. My results are: Connection Speed 9.72 and D/L speed 8.63. It is worth noting that I do not really have a problem with my connection speed. It is the connection service from BT that is dismally poor at present.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Try this From http://192.168.1.254

Settings >
Advanced Settings >
Broadband >
Connection >
Click "Show Details" Button at the bottom

What do you mean by ' connection service'?

btspeedtester

does your master look like this and if so can you conenct to test socket test socket.jpg

0 Ratings