cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 61 of 76

Re: Home hub hasn't arrived yet

Should get 32-41 down but a guaranteed of 27 which none of my devices have actually had yet. Plus I haven't had a upload speed greater than 1.7 yet.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 76

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 63 of 76

Hi @Littlepace and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with the connection etc. I'll be happy to lend a hand if you wish. Can you please run a speed test including the further diagnostics, on a wired connection, and post the results? Once you've done that drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 76

@DavidM, the sync speed is below the minimum expected range, so a speedtest is rather irrelevant.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 65 of 76

Hi @Webby,

Thanks for pointing that out. The problem is that wholesale won't accept a fault report without the test results.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 76

They won’t accept a low sync fault without a througput test?

How odd.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 76

Probably because they need a result stored on their server.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 76

It’s not a throughput issue though, it’s a slow sync speed.

The Wholesale DSL checker doesn’t record sync speed (yes I know it reports the IP profile which can be used to backwards calculate the sync speed but I doubt that is done).

I would have thought the ISP would run a GEA test through the Wholesale portal, and use the result from that, which provides things such as sync speed, SNR value, Banded profile information etc to submit a low sync speed fault.
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 69 of 76

@DavidM, thanks for replying. With the speed test you say you want the further diagnostics? What do you mean by that and how do I get them??
0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 70 of 76

Ok never mind I've seen the option.
0 Ratings