Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenB
Contributor
Message 41 of 43

Re: Home hub4

@DS wrote:
If I may....

Surely if it's not 100% perfect then shouldn't it be removed until it is?

Let me rephrase that then, I'm saying Desktop hasn't got a faultless record as yes there has been bugs found post release.  Desktop Help wouldn't be released if there was a known bug.

All major companies, Google, Apple, Microsoft etc all update their software with patches/hotfixes to address new bugs/issues. 

My iPhone iOS or my Apps are constantly having updates... If you refer to what's included in the new version there are always references to "Fix bug so and so".  So the same could be said about all those companies/applications.

The thing with bugs is they might not appear until its availiable for general consumption when you start to get a few 100k users.

I'm also a "customer" of Desktop Help as I use it on my personal PC at home and never seen anything that would suggest that Desktop Help is conflicting with my settings.  But there are so many differentiators that could make my PC different from someone who is having problems (OS, Service Pack, Windows Update Hotfixes, NIC adapters, Drivers).

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 43

@DarrenB wrote:

@DS wrote:
If I may....

Surely if it's not 100% perfect then shouldn't it be removed until it is?

Let me rephrase that then, I'm saying Desktop hasn't got a faultless record as yes there has been bugs found post release.  Desktop Help wouldn't be released if there was a known bug.

Ah, that's better!:D (shame that BT released the NLBTV though, even with the known bugs, but that's o/t).

All major companies, Google, Apple, Microsoft etc all update their software with patches/hotfixes to address new bugs/issues. 

My iPhone iOS or my Apps are constantly having updates... If you refer to what's included in the new version there are always references to "Fix bug so and so".  So the same could be said about all those companies/applications.

True, though from past experience the others did tend to be more transparent....

(at this point you could look for the post whereby I asked BT for more info on the BTDH auto collection of data. This is probably why I was sooo uneasy in using it)

The thing with bugs is they might not appear until its availiable for general consumption when you start to get a few 100k users.

Can't argue with that

I'm also a "customer" of Desktop Help as I use it on my personal PC at home and never seen anything that would suggest that Desktop Help is conflicting with my settings.  But there are so many differentiators that could make my PC different from someone who is having problems (OS, Service Pack, Windows Update Hotfixes, NIC adapters, Drivers).

And pre installed utilities from the manufacturer of the said device.....:|

Anyway, from one Darren to another, it was good chatting with you:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 43

Interesting posts

If and when i need to use a HH I will certainly not be using desktop help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings