cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 43

Home hub4

Hi all

Ive had my home hub4 since connection on 24/12/13 and Im desperate for some help !! The only way I can get internet now is to forget the home hub and use a BT wifi hot spot. As soon as i connect either wireless or hard wire to the hub I might just as well walk !! Ive done everything I can - reset the hub more times than Ive had hot dinners - used Bt desktop help - which only works if im connected by hot spot which defeats the object - even waited for an hour and a half for technical help who didnt even understand the problem. Ive used lots of different speed tests including Bt and when I first had the hub speed was around 3mb down and .8 up now its 300kb down and 800 up even when aparrently working ive never seen anything more than 300kb on a download. has anyone got any Ideas as to whats going on or what I can do apart from throw it away as not fit for purpose !! Thanks - Ray

0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 43

Re: Home hub4

welcome to the forum

can you go t hub manager then troubleshooting then logs and looking for 2 lines together when router connected to internet showing connection speed and noise margin - post when you find them

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostics and post results please

are you conencted to test socket or somewhere else?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 43

also resetting the hub multiple times will cause the exchange equipment to see your line as unstable and reduce your speed to stabilise your connection
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 43

Hi

Thanks for your reply but im old and not technicaly minded so have no idea how to do what you suggested !!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 43

Hi

Ive not reset the hub multiple times in a short time - only since getting it on 24/12 - Ive reset it perhaps once or twice a week to try to get it to actually work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 43

you need to enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser then enter hub password then go to troubleshooting

test socket is here - is this where you are connected 

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 43

Ok thanks ive done that with the browser and connected in the test socket
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 43

when you have entered the hub password and have found the trouble shooting page look for the logs then locate two lines that look like this

Lines should look like this

19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 43

then you need to go to troubleshooting after entering password for hub manager then go to logs and you are looking for 2 entries when hub connected to internet showing connection speed and noise margin

you need to run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post results  

btspeedtester

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 43

Hi Ive done that but there is more than two lines - there are pages and pages of stuff - i cant find anything like it
0 Ratings