Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsHoff
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Home move...excuses, excuses

Hi All,

Im really struggling to decide what to do about this. I have recently moved house and booked a 'house move' order @2 weeks in advance as advised by the web page. This was booked for 9th September (we moved in on the 28th Aug). A couple of days before someone called to say there was an issue and they 'might not be' coming. We were confused by this and rang back for further clarification to be told, no eveyrthing is fine. Waited in on the 9th, no one showed up. Since then all we have had is excuses. The new house is a new build, so they have tried to make every excuses. A) its the builders fault....erm no...the estate has been under construction for over a year and all the wiring was completed before we moved in. b) Its Openreach who are the problem, we are waiting for them to complete cabling....no, other houses in the estate are connected so unless they have that new magic invisible cabling??? c) your wiring isnt done.....there is a BT cable coming out of the ground just begging to be connected to the one coming out of the ground, they just need an introduction... Todays excuse was, they need to finish cabling to the exchange...I refer you to point a). So far they have promised an update on the 17th, 23rd and 28th of this month...2 of which Ive had to chase for. They are now saying the 2nd October. I have physically put the phone down twice today on an operator because I am sick of being given either information which is incorrect or the same old rubbish. If they have a backlog, then all they had to say will...'it will be @6weeks. As is stands, not only am I paying for something I am not getting...I dont know when I will be getting it. My £10 compo for the engineer not turning up and a promise of a refund on everything we've paid doesnt cover it. My mobile phone bill has been doubled and will continue to be the case until im connected, Im paying for On demand services through both Sky and Netflix, neither of which I can access.

I just want to talk to someone, who does actually care and not keep telling me...we will have an update. Is there anyone out there who can tell the truth?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home move...excuses, excuses

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
MrsHoff
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Keith

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 7

Hi MrsHoff,

I am really sorry to hear that about the problems you have had with your home move order.

I've dropped you a private message, which includes the link to our order team. You can chat with them online.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
MPEDLAR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi MsHoff, I’m in exactly the same boat. We moved into a new build on 31st July, since then we’ve had 3 cancellations, one day wasted waiting in for an engineer who never turned up, direct debited for two months without any service, countless phone calls to and from India, and still not connected.

One thing I will suggest though, make sure you need to be present for the Openreach engineer.

Since booking our most recent appointment for 8th October, I’ve been told that as the wiring is all in place, and the engineer will not need access to our property, that no one needs to be home for the appointment. So not only did I waste a day of annual leave waiting for an engineer who never showed, even if he did show I needn’t have been there.

0 Ratings
MrsHoff
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi Paddy,

Unfortunately I did not manage to get any real reasonable answers in the end. However my phone and broadband were eventually connected last Thursday 22nd Oct......

However I am now trying to contact someone to get either a)compensation/full refund of service I have been paying for or b) to cancel my contract. As far as I see it, they are in breach of contract or I am still within 14 days of my new contract.

I tried asking for 'complaints' which sent me over to India...they were not 'allowed' to apply any credits and tried to put me through to billing. Lines busy so he attempted to give me a phone number.

Before I get passed from pillar to post again....which department should I be aiming for?

Thanks

Alison

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

This page should help.

If you have suffered actual financial loss, then there is a form on this page which you can use to claim.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings