cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Home move has been delayed but BT will not keep my broadband going despite paying for it.

Hi,

I was planning on moving out of my property on 30/09/13. This was delayed to 12/10/13.

I checked my bill and I have paid up until 16/10/13, so presumed I would be covered up past my leaving date.

However they turned my service off on 29/09/13 and claim they cannot reconnect me despite paying until mid October and they will credit back the difference in the future.

Surely they could be more helpful? I am now in quite a prediciment as I used the broadband for work. I pointed out that BT surely would prefer to make money & credit me back less by allowing me to use their service, but the call centre seemed uninterested in this.

Is there anything that can be done?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home move has been delayed but BT will not keep my broadband going despite paying for it.

There is really nothing that can be done to you as the service was terminated on the agreed date as to using the service for work i understand the problems caused but a residential service is not really supposed to be used business use as per BT's T&C's

to restart your service would need a new order raising for Openreach to connect the broadband service back on the line this all takes time typically 7/10 days
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: Home move has been delayed but BT will not keep my broadband going despite paying for it.

Thank you for the help John.

In regards to using Broadband from home for work purposes I was refering to checking emails etc, surely this is acceptable & common practice?

My friend who is buying the property from me who currently lives there has requested the service be resumed under a new contract.

BT claim that this cannot be done for another week as they need to deliver a new broadband box. We already have one, surely this can be used and the new service started straight away? It seems a waste of time & resources to wait for a new box only to return the current one.

The new service will work from the old line, so other than the box can you please explain the delay in reconnecting the service? Isn't this something that can be done instantly?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@BH1983 wrote:

Thank you for the help John.

In regards to using Broadband from home for work purposes I was refering to checking emails etc, surely this is acceptable & common practice?  it is  but cannot be used as a lever  to get service restored 

My friend who is buying the property from me who currently lives there has requested the service be resumed under a new contract.

BT claim that this cannot be done for another week as they need to deliver a new broadband box. We already have one, surely this can be used and the new service started straight away? It seems a waste of time & resources to wait for a new box only to return the current one.  also  Openreach  need to carry out  exchange work  for the new account holder

The new service will work from the old line, so other than the box can you please explain the delay in reconnecting the service? Isn't this something that can be done instantly?  As your service was disconnected  the  new aervice  will not go live until the new account activation date  as exchange equipment has to be reconnected   you have to remember once  the service is disconnected Openreach  do not know  who the new service provider will be this is why  it is not instant 

0 Ratings