cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Home move problems? And catalog of errors

So guys after some advice.  On 9th October I phoned up and got a home move organised. All set for my move on 27th October which was plenty of time.  I happened to check my BT account and orders on 11th and I get Order Failed.  I received no emails no notifications that the order had failed, it was just by chance I happened to check my BT account or I'd be none the wiser.

I phoned up to enquire to be told yes that order failed and has been cancelled.  No explanation was given nor could they find out why.  So they decided to sign me up as a new customer.  They put it through but I noticed they weren't giving me any new customer discounts, I was going to be charged full price for Infinity 1 at £49 per month + a £50 connection fee.  I explained that if this was the case I'd be better signing up myself online as a new customer, the best they could do was offer me credit which would be placed on the first bill taking it down to the new customer price over 12 months.  Fine I said.  Next issue was the install date of 27th had gone, earliest they could do was 3/11 which is a week after my home move leaving me 1 week without service.  I again complained about this and they said due to my home move issues they would put in a request to expedite it.  As it was set up as a new customer they then asked my mothers maiden name so they could set up my online account I gave them all the details and the order got put through.

I receive an email about setting up my BT ID I click the link it asks for my mother maiden name which I had given to the agent earlier and it doesn't work, the bright spark typed it incorrectly leaving me no way of tracking my order.  I then phone up to inquire about this, yes agent had typed my name wrong, the only way to access my new account is with my customer number which they would have to post out and which will take 5 days.  Saying the agent cocked this up I queried the other things he said he'd done such as the credit and the expedite request.  Nope, no mention of these either and this agent said they would then have to put in a request to have the phone call listened to which could take another 5 days.

At this stage really damn **bleep** off with BT, I gave them plenty of notice regarding my home move but it is looking like I will be left with no service for the minimum of 1 week due to their constant **bleep** ups.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home move problems? And catalog of errors

I take it you are already a BT customer , so you presumably already had a BT ID, so presumably you now have 2 ?,  Was your intention to take your number with you to the new address because the 'home move' is within the same exchange area, or is the move outside of the current exchange or the number unimportant ? Were you on some sort of deal when first organising the home move, otherwise presumably you were not getting a 'new customer discounts, so the lack of them ( now rectified) seems a bit of a non issue (unless you were now continuing some existing discounted deal)  Although no excuse for poor service, ( if your mothers maiden name is unusual I would have thought they should have checked the spelling with you or used something else ( first car, home town or whatever) a home move can get a little involved, the place you are moving to, is it a brand new home or someone moving out as you are moving in ?, if it's the second, then chances are the home already has service , but not necessarily with BT ( could be Sky, Talk Talk etc, etc) have the people moving out done anything about cancelling  or migrating  their service ?, are the dates aligned with yours, if things don't match up, orders can be cancelled ( not by BT Consumer ) as you could be in effect trying to 'take' service that the current 'owner' hasn't given permission  for that to happen ( or the company they use hasn't )
0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

I'm moving to a new town so different number.

How this come about was I phoned up to do a home move, they wanted £49 for my package.  I told them I may as well just sign up as a new customer and get it for £30 + £75 gift card + £110 quidco cash back.  The advisor said well you could do that or I could reduce your package and do a home move. Obviously, I'd loss out of the gift card and cash back but hey ho.  So they did the home move and cocked it up, they then set me up as a brand new customer anyway, of course minus the gift card and quidco cash back.  And also more expensive at £35 per month.  So you see my frustration with that? I could have done all this myself and got it cheaper.

The house itself is not a new house, the line has been disconnected 2 months and apparently needs an engineer visit.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @dj1891 Sorry that your home move order was cancelled and you will be left without service for a period when you move in.

We may not be able to speed up your connection date but we will be happy to help with your package costs if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings