cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Home network name already exists in Home Hub's database.

Hello,

How do I delete this database as it's causing so much trouble/problems by assigning multiple names to same static IP address. How do I connect to the database and delete all the record or create new static address assignment. Each time i tried to rename it back, i keep getting the error "Home network name already exists in Home Hub's database." Remote desktop is now connecting to different machine due to this issue

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home network name already exists in Home Hub's database.

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

You cannot manually allocate your own IP addresses to a device, unless you use IP addresses which are outside of the home hubs DHCP range.

You can then configure a device to have its own static IP address. It will not show up in the DHCP table.

See http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/staticip.html

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have some computers with static IP physically assigned to them (not via home hub but on physically on the computer itself), when I go to Hub manager, advanced settings and home network, the device name with static IP are mapped to wrong IP, if i click on the name and change it, I then get errorr about the database. I am not talking about or refering to DHCP/DHCP table. My problem is with static IP I physically assigned to some devices but coming up on Home Network with a diffrent name mapped to assigned IP on those computer. Really I should be able to change the name to the right one and click on save.

I have some server with static IP and when I RDP (using netbios name) into them, they're connecting to wrong system, checking the hub gave me visibility that those system are mapped to those IP of connected system

Example:

System A - IP 10.10.10.10 (physically assigned on the machine)

System B - IP 10.10.10.11 (Physically assigned on the machine)

RDP to System A, you get system B desktop, checked Home HUB, system A is mapped to system B IP (not sure if I'm making sense here)

Please forget about DHCP, those are all fine and not really worry about those one

My question is: How do I clear Home Hub database as described in the error, is this possible

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

A factory reset will clear the entries.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks will check the link

Thanks for replying

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Is there any other option?

Wont that clear down all the settings?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

This thread is a shade over two and a half years old.  Do you have a similar issue?

0 Ratings