Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meman887
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub 2 phone fault

Go to solution

Just noticed the other day that my HomeHub 2 phone has been acting up, well each time someone phones, the phone starts to play it's ringtone and then around 2 seconds later a high pitched tone is heard (sounds simular to the keypad lock sound), then the phone turns off and turns back on again.

Also another problem is that when I view the missed calls list and contacts, the phone again turns off and turns back on again, but when it comes to making phone calls, it works fine.

So came to the conclusion that the HomeHub 2 phones internal memory has become faulty (could also be the firmware or perhaps both), as I have already tried a reset on both options but doesn't resolve it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. 🙂
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub 2 phone fault

Go to solution

Have you tried removing the phone batteries, leaving it for 10 mins and then reinserting them?

Not saying it will cure this, as I've never heard of these issues, but it might...

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Seconding DS' advice. Similar problems to you. Phone would ring, would pickup, line goes dead and phone would sometimes reboot.

I replaced the original SANIK batteries in my Hub phones with Maplins' own brand 800mAh NiMH AAA batteries. I've also used Duracell 800mAh with no problems.  I highly recommend giving it a whirl as it fixed all my phone worries.

I think the problem is due to never fully discharging the batteries. You might find that they hold a good charge after they have had a full discharge (e.g putting them in a torch and leaving it on, then charging it up from flat). For me, it was more hassle than it was worth and I just keep the SANIKS away from the phones.

meman887
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@DS wrote:

Have you tried removing the phone batteries, leaving it for 10 mins and then reinserting them?

Not saying it will cure this, as I've never heard of these issues, but it might...

Well I left the batteries out longer than 10 minutes, think it was more like thirty minutes and then after that the problems vanished, think I might replace the batteries with a trusted brand so something like this doesn't occure with me again.

Anyway thanks for the advice guys. 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. 🙂
0 Ratings