cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 56

Re: HomeHub 3 - Broadband light flashing red, connects, drops flashes red - for last 2 days

I thought like imjolly it was strange that they had not been in touch

Until the voice problem is resolved your broadband will not improve

It sounds like a intermittent problem which are not the easiest of faults to find
0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 52 of 56

Re: HomeHub 3 - Broadband light flashing red, connects, drops flashes red - for last 2 days

the broadband engineer who came round was very good and very thorough.

the phone engineer quite frankly didnt do anything.

this is not a speed issue, its a persistent disconnection issue, so really a line engineer needs to look at everything and be very thorough regardless of how long it will take

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 56

That is what you need to contact the mods about get the line solved then broadband will improved
0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 54 of 56

Lets talk about the weather, dunno about you lot but i have been so glad its been windy today and yeterday as this assisted in finding the real cause and fault of all my issues i have been having for the past 3 months or so which has been the worst for the last few weeks.

Engineer turned up yesterday and watched the router at first and saw it drop/connect 3 times.

Did a test which measured that 25 metres away from the house there is a fault in the wire. This fault is a crack and when wind picks up to sway the wire, the crack is connecting/disconnecting.

Couldnt do anything that day, I understood as the pole rating does not allow a single engineer to go up.

Arrived 8am on the dot today as promised with another engineer in a cherry picker.

Brand new cable wired from house all the way to the telepgraph pole,  ( well, i have the newest cabling in the village 🙂 )

Cherry Picker engineer left and, engineer on the job then wired up  in side the house and used some decent thicker shielded wiring.

Did all his tests, syncs, setups, fine tunings, whoosh tests, IP Profile resets  etc.

Was very thorough in all his work and showed me what he was doing on his laptop. Some very interesting software and what they can do.

Showed me a graph of the past 2 weeks of the drops and we was averaging 1000 drops a day and the worst day was 2750 drops ( crazy huh )

Engineer was very good, and it is pleasing to have an engineer who is willing to explain what he is doing and to have a good natter while he was doing his job.

Just the ususal 4 day migration/sync for now and im  pretty confident i wont have any more issues.

So.. Wind.. thank you for blowing yesterday when the engineer turned up 🙂

Engineer.. thank you for your work, much appreciated

BT Forum Mods, thank you for booking the engineer and looking in to my issue

John & Jolly.. thank you for listening, i never mean to have a go at you guys.

For one last time... here are my latest stats 🙂 ( bear in mind, stablisation period only just started, so these stats will prob improve a little )

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 01:26:31
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):13.5 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):12.2 dB / 5.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):17.9 dBm / 12.1 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):5844 / 1
CRC Events (Down/Up):13 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):29 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):110 / 58

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 56

glad it is now looking ok post back any time if you ever need any future help or advice and someone here will be glad to help 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 56

looking goodSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings