cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 56

Re: HomeHub 3 - Broadband light flashing red, connects, drops flashes red - for last 2 days

if your attenuation has increased as you say then that is a problem with your conenction and probably line resistence increasing your attenuation which as I said in normal circumstances should remain constant.

are you conencted to the test socket and have you tried a new filter.

is the quiet line test ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 12 of 56

Re: HomeHub 3 - Broadband light flashing red, connects, drops flashes red - for last 2 days

just got home from a friends after ringing 150 to complain and i thought ehreee we go again... the router rebooted 3 times on the trot...but...but... its been stable for 10mins now AND  the phone does not say No Line.

here  is the new log  which in think is a n improvement,   also  my line speed has gone frm 5mb to 8

I wonder if calling 150 has spured them to check stuff.   they said i need engineer i said ok, if he is free.

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:09:26
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):16.0 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):12.4 dB / 6.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):33 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):2560 / 1878
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 56

certainly been fixed as attentuation now down to 12.4 and speed is max for adslmax conenction.  what about profile try btspeedtester and see if at 7.15mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 14 of 56

do i need to rong 150 back   and cancel the engineer who is due on thrsday.... shall i leave it 24hrs ?

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.67 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 56

I would wait the 24hrs as getting an engineer appointment can take a few days sometimes.  you can always cancel tomorrow as connection now looks good with correct profile - enjoySmiley Wink

0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 16 of 56

fingers crossed....

quiet test = quiet

wonder what would have happened to casue this so soon after engineer came round few weeks ago and rewired after master socket and lifted speed cap on line

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 56

looks like something outwith your home which has now been fixed especially with the halving of your attenuation

0 Ratings
KevinT
Contributor
Message 18 of 56

hmmmm router just rebooted twice in thr last 10 mins -  hope thats just the stabilisation

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 56

hope so   connection speed still the same?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 56

post back hub stats and speed test in 24 hours please
0 Ratings