Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

HomeHub 3 Configuring without internet.

Hi

I have an old HH3 and want to configure the settings without using an internet connection. 

I have reset the settings on the HH3 and used a LAN cable, I tried 192.168.1.254 in a browser and its extremely slow, and it doesnt seem to respond.

I have tried the wifi method also but still no joy.

Is it not at all possible to configure a HH3 with this method?

Thanks all

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: HomeHub 3 Configuring without internet.

You don't need an internet connection, you are connecting correctly via 192.168.1.254. Try a factory reset of the hub using the pin hole in the rear to see if that helps.

0 Ratings
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

yeah tried that 20 seconds reset or whatever its called. but its a nightmare trying to get to the settings screen. I'm not too sure if I am doing something wrong...!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Many web browsers default to searching, when you enter an address manually, which is annoying.

If you can find a way to bookmark this link.

http://192.168.1.254

Then use that directly, without entering it into the address bar, you may find that it works.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Do you have everything else disconnected? Just connect to the HH3 by Ethernet and turn wireless off on your laptop.

0 Ratings
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi yes I have disabled wifi, bottom right hand side on my laptop shows its connected via LAN but with an exclamation mark saying theres no internet connection. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

That should not matter, as you are using a local address. It should work if you use that shortcut I posted.

0 Ratings
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Still no joy guys.. it just says 'waiting' on the browser... I tried my colleagues laptop and still the same.

The homehub could be faulty but it didnt give me any problems prior to upgrading to the HH5

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Does the laptop you're using have an IP address on it's ethernet NIC? Assuming Windows, if you run ipconfig from the command prompt, do you see the NIC with an IP address 192.168.1.X?

If so then run ping 192.168.1.254 which is the address that the HH3 should be using. Do you get any repsonse?

Regards

0 Ratings
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Yep Pinged fine got responses... tried on the browsers (chrome and explorer) still 'waiting' and nothing much happens

Bizzarre... are there any other settings I should or maybe throw the HH3 out the window lol!

0 Ratings