Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gman99
Contributor
Message 11 of 190

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

I'm sure something like this could be fixed in firmware, the question is

• Do others get this issue (or do I just have a faulty unit)
  • Do BT know this is a known problem?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 190

Hello,

I personally think you have a faulty unit as I'm on the same Firmware as you and I've had no problems.

I have heard a report from someone with a similar problem to yours (a neighbour not on the forums). I've not had time to investigate thoroughly, so can't definitively say it is the same problem. He reports speedtests as being capped at 10Mb on his wired PC->HH3->Infinity. Got him to test using a Wireless connection, he gets the full 37Mb. It may just be a coincidence.

If all ports on the Homehub are still pegged to 10Mb using different devices (and following a factory reset), then you should call Customer services to get a replacement Homehub.

Call 150 from a BT landline or 0800 800 150 from non BT lines or mobiles

0 Ratings
hornbyOO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 190

I've got exactly the same problem, my pc was connected directly to port1 and would only get 10Mbps, however if I connected to any of the other ports I get 100 Mbps (NIC is not gigabit), but my NAS server negotiates at 1000Mbps on port4 OK.

As far as I can see there is no way to change any of the settings for the ethernet ports on the home hub.

So do I have to fault the home hub or is it a firmware problem

0 Ratings
npink1981
Beginner
Message 14 of 190

I'm having a similar issue that i noticed while running broadband speed test from a pc connected connected directly to the home hub that I was only getting a download speed of 2 to 4Mbps but about 28Mbps from using the wireless.

Also tested from a macbook plugged directly into another port on the homehub but also getting very slow throughput.

The homehub is showing the connection speed of 10Mbps.

I have a vision box that is reportedly connected at 100Mbps so i'm thinking perhaps the home hub isnt getting on well with particular nic's

0 Ratings
Highlighted
npink1981
Beginner
Message 15 of 190

Okay did some experimenting and discovered that I get different speeds depending on what port I plug my Vision box into:

Port 1 = 100Mbps

Port 2 = 10Mbps

Port 3 = 10Mbps

Port 4 = 100Mbps

I also plugged my macbook into port 1 and it works at 100Mbps.

Can some other people test this out to see if they get the same results and It's not just my home hub that is faulty.

Im on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3.

I would phone customer services but I want help from people that have some knowledge of the home hub so ill leave that as a last resort 😉

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 16 of 190

Well if three of us have a very similar issue I'd say its more likely to be an issue with the HH rather than our units going faulty.

0 Ratings
Donkeyfumbler
Contributor
Message 17 of 190

Just noticed the same issue. My Xbox and PS3 had been having occasional problems streaming, but rebooting the HH seemed to sort them out. Just noticed though that the HH is reporting them both connecting at 10mbps rather than 100mpbs. I tried swapping them into different ports, but all were the same. I tried forcing the PS3 to 100mbps full duplex but it failed to get an IP.

Rebooting the HH meant they now reconnect at 100mbps but at some point it is obviously going back down to 10mbps (maybe when I turn the xbox and ps3 off and back on?) as I have had to reboot on several occasions.

This looks to be a problem with the HH3 and one that most people simply won't even notice. Hopefully BT are aware and working on a firmware update.

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 18 of 190

Cool its not just me then. Any way we can flag this to a mod or report to the development team?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 190

Hello,

You can contact the Mods here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

I think it might be a good idea to include as much technical detail as possible so that the Developers can hopefully reproduce the fault:

1: Homehub firmware revision.

2: Operating system (Windows 7/Vista/XP/Mac/Linux distro).

3: Ethernet card details (e.g Realtek 8110S 10/100/1000). Find this out by looking in control panel->Network connections.

4: Machine details (e.g Dell Inspiron 1525).

Who knows, if all the details are posted here, maybe we can find a common component.

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 20 of 190

Good idea, I'll keep an eye out and see when it happen again, although it even does it to my Comtrend 9020's
0 Ratings