cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 81 of 190

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

I do believe the only way BT can replicate it is sending out a new firmware more like the HH3 Type B. And I am unsure whether BT are just focusing on these for the time being as a quick fix, but for instance the New HH3 Type B's are built by Hauwei.
0 Ratings
MooJuice
Aspiring Expert
Message 82 of 190

Thought the HH3 Type Bs were a Speedtouch/Technicolor TG 587nv3 variant.  I believe there were two variants of the HH2 Type A (3 if you count the speedtouch board revision) as well as the Sagem-based type Bs.

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 190

Looks like I need to gets some info from the HH3.

Just replaced the drives in my NAS and backed up my Photos - it took nearly 7 days!

I was away on business and when I got back it was still going - had a look and could see the network running at 10M.

So searched for any issues - having read this thread, I do note the lack of Mod feedback in the latter pages. Is this one too hard to fix?

I also noted the post stating that the HH3 is no good as essentially a network switch by design - Having seen the ads from BT on it being the best, I recently signed up again to get the new hub (I was using the old hub and a mini 4 port switch) and need all 4 ports form my PC, Net top box, NAS and Devolo Network to TV, further Net top and PS3.

Have I wasted my money and should have gone to Sky with a netgear box? 

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 84 of 190

Sky routers and their firmware have their own issues so I'd say no.

I would never really choose an ISP based purely on the router supplied to be honest.  I paid for the HH3 myself so I'd expect it to work properly and if it says it has 100Mbps ports I'd expect them to stay at that speed. Apart from this its not a bad router much better than the previous hub's. I expect I get a year's warranty so I hope they get this resolved soon

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NAD9956
Contributor
Message 85 of 190

I recently experienced this problem as well and a re-boot of my HH3 does solve the problem although only temporarily. My son's PC connects by powerline adapters and he doesn't have this problem. I'm relieved to find out it's not my PC but disappointed that it's the HH3. Incidentally, the reset switch on my HH3 doesn't work so I have to disconnect the power to re-boot. 

Reading the posts on this, a 5 port gig switch seems to be a solution I could live with until a more permanent one is found.  I got a bit confused though as to how this works.  Do you  just plug this into the GigE (port 4) and then attach your devices to that in the same way as you would with a normal ethernet switch?

0 Ratings
gman99
Contributor
Message 86 of 190

NAD9956 wrote: Do you  just plug this into the GigE (port 4) and then attach your devices to that in the same way as you would with a normal ethernet switch?

Correct

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 87 of 190

Hi everyone,

I am sorry that this problem is still ongoing.

We are still looking into this and haven't got an update for you quite yet.  We haven't forgotten about you and will let you know as soon has we have something more.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 88 of 190

Craig, would not be a more sensible solution be to despatch a New Home Hub 3 Type B with the new firmware and problems fixed rather than keeping people waiting for months and months for a resolution which the team are clearly still having problems fixing?
0 Ratings
hornbyOO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 190

I have just noticed that one of my ports has failed to 10Mbit, couldn't understand why file transfers that yesterday (between 2 NAS) were in the region of 4MB/sec and today was struggling along at between 300-400KB/sec.

Swapped over the ethernet cable (I use all 4 ports) to a different 10/100 port and bingo back to 100Mbit and transfer back to circa 4MB/sec. I have 2 ports running at 10/100 1 at 1000 and 1 at 10

This is my second HH3 and I'm not amused, and I don't see the point in yet another swap if I end up with the same problem on another HH

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 190

Hi Hornby double 0,------ will send PM Michael
0 Ratings