cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bicklp
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub 3 Port Forwarding to same internal port, 2 IPs

So loopback seems to be enabled now. Or at least i think it is.

But why cant i forward to the same internal port on 2 different IPs

e.g.

i have 2 servers that i want to remote onto

i set the first one up as normal

externalPort: 3389

internalPort: 3389

internalIP: 192.168.1.10

now for the second server i do the same but change the external port and internal IP

externalPort: 3388

internalPort: 3389

internalIP: 192.168.1.20

Then i get the message

---

Conflict
The game or application you've selected conflicts with an application (RDP) you've already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

I dont want to remove the application.

I want to forward the same internal port to 2 different IPs like NAT allows. I mean...thats what its for..

Crazy !!

any ideas? anyone?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub 3 Port Forwarding to same internal port, 2 IPs

I have the same issues with the Home hub, won't allow me to port forward to certain devices etc, i have to result to using DMZ, i would suggest possibly investing in a cable router which allows you to port forward easily, too many conflicting issues with the HH.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
bicklp
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Ye thanks

I have an old linksys running dd-wrt which work just as i need it to but when i plug it in my line drops from about 35mb(which is only half what im meant to be on anyway) down to about 18mb

have you heard of different routers causing slower speeds?

i was testing it wired but its only has 10/100 ports

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Have heard yea, faulty ports etc on the hub, same can happy with just general routers not generating the throughput of what it should be.

Preferably you would want the 10/100/1000 ones, but having said that, the 100MB ports should be fine, you might get better results with gigabit ports.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings