cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: HomeHub 3 Wireless connection issue

Go to solution

It sounds like there are some settings on the laptop that aren't set to the hubs 'liking'

Does it only now show one connectioin for your hub3?

Do you have the laptops fixed to a static address?

(check via network and sharing, manage network connections, right click on the wireless, select properties, then IPv4 - check both are set to automatic)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution
The computer is only showing one connection to the homehub3 and the computer doesn't have a static ip adress.

The HomeHub as disconnected my Xbox 360 and iPod Touch and I'm unable to rejoin, when I try to re-enter the key is says unable to connect to Bt HomeHub 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

Have you ever entered the hub manager (bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254) and changed any settings as it does sound like a setting has been changed on the hub?

(possibly why the 360 and iPod have lost their connection to the hub)

0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution
The Home Hub was factory reset before I disconnected it and connected my Netgear router.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Slightly confused here, so the hub isn't in use at the moment and you're using the netgear?

0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

Hi, I used to use the HomeHub had problems with it so I switched to my Netgear router. An Openreach engineer came to fix my telephone line and told me I should use the Home Hub, so I have connected it to see if it will work properly this time.

I told him about the poblems and he said that he would request a replacement Home Hub (but no one has contacted me yet about it) , I currently have the HomeHub connected as I was told that it works better then the Netgear which I disagree with due to the wireless problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Ah, okSmiley Happy

Can you confirm that you've not changed any settings on the hub (ie Wireless encryption from WPA/WPA2 to just WPA2)?

Also, check to make sure the wireless has the latest drivers installed - go to the manufacturers site, NOT via windows

Then delete the hub connection via network and sharing (again), reboot the laptop and start a new connection

(Regarding the xbox, iirc I did read that it doesn't work with WPA2 only WPA)

0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution
Hi, I haven't made any changes to the HomeHub's factory defaults and the xbox 360 worked with WPA2 on my Netgear router and the HomeHub (before disconnection).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Are there any updates for the wireless cards?

Also, check the hub managers wireless configuration page (enter the hubs GUI, click A-Z, then wireless security) to make sure it still set to WPA/WPA2

Then the event log (troubleshooting, event log) for any drop in the connected devices

And finally the date the firmware was updated (Settings, advanced settings, system, firmware)

(the current is Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)).

edit. It does sound like a laptop issue - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistanetworking/thread/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873...

0 Ratings
iWalden92
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution
The wireless cards are up-to-date, the homehub is set to WPA/WPA2 and the firmware information is below.

Current firmware: Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3 (Type A)
Last updated: 20/05/11

I can't find any device disconnections in the event log.

I just turn on the Xbox 360 and went to the network page, the xbox detects BTFon & BTOpenzone networks but not the my Home wireless.
0 Ratings