cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janjan74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

HomeHub 5 Wireless connections or lack off

Having been contacted by BT to change from my HH4 to the new HH5 at the end of last year I thought great and now I can get rid of the white box on the wall and use the new HH5 direct.

Well since having the HH5 and having had a replacement from BT has we thought the first one was not working and spending many hours trying and phoning BT via India of course, I have given up trying to get HH5 working correctly and have gone back to HH4.

The problem we been having are that all works very well the speed is as it should be and the lan works perfect with the extra 1GB ports, the issue is when you start to use wireless and having read the forum posts have tried the various points people have made in the settings and still it just does not work.

When I connect the wireless and connect my devices to it if using 5.0 it seems to be fine but when using 2.4 and some of my devices only use this I have major problems like using Now TV boxes or Plex Server they just can not stream and all I get is the circle trying to download what it needs and what ever I have try to do makes no difference, including making the 2.4 & 5.0 separate from each other or changing from auto to manual channels.

But as soon as I connect the HH4 back and try perfect from the start if anyone can help me or if BT can help this would be great as I would like to be able to use HH5 and the benefits it has.

Thanks

Janjan

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: HomeHub 5 Wireless connections or lack off

Make sure that "Smart Set Up" is turned off on the HH5, this can cause problems on some devices.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/c/

0 Ratings
richardmostek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your reply but I have already tried this and makes no difference

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@richardmostek wrote:

Thanks for your reply but I have already tried this and makes no difference

Hi richardmostek

I wasn't replying to you as I have no idea what your problem is. If you have a problem you should start your own thread about it and you will get replies to your specific problem rather than using somebody elses thread. It only lead to confusion.

0 Ratings
janjan74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Is anyone from BT going to help with this matter

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

janjan74 did you try turning off smart set up as shown in the link posted earlier
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@janjan74 wrote:

Is anyone from BT going to help with this matter

This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

0 Ratings
janjan74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hi Yes I turned off smart Wireless and still no joy

thanks for your help

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

When you connect to the HH5 I take it you are entering the new wireless passkey that is on the HH5 label. Some people forget to use the new passkey when they change hubs.

You could try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds to see if this sorts out any configuration problems.

If that doesn't help, because your HH4 also has the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels and your devices all work OK with that it may be that you have a faulty HH5.

0 Ratings
janjan74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

the key is correct and all works except the wireless does not stream and is so slow

0 Ratings