cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

HomeHub 5 broadband performance worse than OpenReach modem

I have been running with an OpenReach modem and HomeHub 3 since I first got infinity.  Beguiled by promises of superior WiFi reach and performance I paid to upgrade to HomeHub5. Initial impressions were that WiFi performance was no better. I had split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels onto separate SSIDs but was startled a few days later to find the box had just turned off the 2.4 signal with not so much as a by-your-leave.

I am a member of the SamKnows community which runs my uploads and downloads through a separate box and measures the performance. This information is used to supply the powers-that-be with information on actual broadband performance as opposed to marketing claims and I get a monthly report of my own system performance.

On the critical broadband measures - Downstream throughput, Upstream throughput and Latency - the switch shows up on the latest SamKnows report as a degrade of performance.  As shown here:

chart illustrating Downstream throughput

chart illustrating Upstream throughput

chart illustrating Latency

So the question is. What, if anything, can I do to tune the performamce of the modem inside HomeHub 5. Or do I just have toi accept the loss of broadband performance as the price to pay for the unidentified improvement in wi-fi?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: HomeHub 5 broadband performance worse than OpenReach modem

you cannot 'tune' the HH5 modem

can you go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and post the stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, dumb questiuon, where do I find troubleshooting?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Hub manager  192.168.1.254 into your address bar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings